Trust with different state with new residence

Home Forums NFA Tracker Form 1 Questions Trust with different state with new residence

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ABNFIST 7 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

ABNFIST
    Participant

Kind of in interesting situation and im sure not the only one. Cant really seem to find the answers.
    Had trust before the 41F came into effect and was able to submit a form 1 for my SBR. Tax stamp was approved lower receiver engraved with the appropriate info for the previous HOR. I moved residence to another state from CO – WV did the permanent state transfer with the 5320.20. Question I have is if I want to use the trust for something else like another SBR or maybe a Form 4 for a suppressor for my current SBR . Can I still use the same trust and engrave everything from the previous state? Get a new trust or get it updated with the new address or what do I do? Any helpful input would be great and thanks.

aksahsalahs
    Participant

As long as your trust is valid in your current state, you can use it. You will engrave your current location on future Form 1’s.

I have a trust that was setup in Arkansas, and I have approvals for Arkansas, Kentucky, Florida and Kansas with that trust.

ABNFIST
    Participant

I have a trust thru silencershop. I wasnt too sure if I had to update my same trust or have another one with the current address and get future Suppressors or SBRs engraved with the current address. I know my trust is valid in WV. Im just trying to figure out since right now i have my CO trust and engraved SBR with CO but filed the Form 5320.20 to permanently transfer and be housed in WV and is always with the rifle along with the stamp. Didnt think i was gonna move states but it happened and im just trying to figure this all out.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Write Reviews, Submit Tracking Data and More!

Subscribe to NFA Tracker, a community dedicated to tracking and reporting NFA transfer times as reported by users.

Join Now