Transferee Type & Form Type?

Home Forums General Site Help and Support Transferee Type & Form Type?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  coagula13 2 months ago.

• Author

Matthew Weitz
    Participant

Anyone know when to use the values in the Transferee Type & Form Type fields? There are some overlapping values. Any guidance is appreciated.

I’m a FFL 07 SOT 02 so I input as much data into this website as I can.

Matthew Weitz
    Participant

Anyone?

Matthew Weitz
    Participant

Bump

coagula13
    Participant

I am not sure what you mean. Can you clarify?

Are you talking about where you fill in your transfers? If so, you need to fill our form 1 for make or register a firearm. Then you just have to figure out what your transfering to, a individual, a business, or a trust. but after typing that, I think I see your issue. This forum is more dedicated to NFA items… so if your just making regular guns and not full auto or suppressors, it does get kind of confusing to fill out.

Is this where you are getting hung up? I am not a admin or anything, just trying to help. I think the admins have disappeared after silencershop took over.

Matthew Weitz
    Participant

Hi coagula13! Thanks for answering.

I’m referring to this website’s tracking database when I fill in entries for my transfers. When I put in a new row in the tracking database, one of the fields is [Transferee Type]. Another field is [Form Type]. The values seem to overlap.

coagula13
    Participant

Yes and no. You need a form for for a transfer, then the type is how it was handled. Like think about transferee type as to what form had to be filled out and type just narrows it down further. I’m limited on explaining because I am not 100% as to what all the options do. I am looking at this on my tablet. I’ll try and look at it in the am on a PC and see if I can make more sense of it.

coagula13
    Participant

Matthew, I just stumbled upon this… maybe this can clarify a little bit…

https://www.silencershop.com/blog/post/understanding-atf-eforms/

Matthew Weitz
    Participant

I’m not talking about eForms… I’m referring to this website’s tracking database…

Oh well… thanks for reaching out anyway.

coagula13
    Participant

I know you’re not. It just seems like transfer type is what your trying to do, and wasn’t being specific to e-forms, just the form types that are listed on that link. The link is talking about e-forms, I know, but it was the only link I could find explaining the different forms.

Sadly the website doesn’t make it straight forward unless you are fully versed in all the stuff.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Write Reviews, Submit Tracking Data and More!

Subscribe to NFA Tracker, a community dedicated to tracking and reporting NFA transfer times as reported by users.

Join Now