Silencer Shop Still "Out Of Stock" On Their Form 1 Service…

Home Forums NFA Tracker Form 1 Questions Silencer Shop Still "Out Of Stock" On Their Form 1 Service…

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  LoveThySpatula 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Mark Ethridge Woodward
    Participant

…which means that their software has still not been approved by BATFE. Anybody wanting to do a Form 1 should probably NOT wait on Silencer Shop to get their CA-CA together.

Just do the efile Form 1 on the ATF efile website. It’s pretty damn simple. Fill in the form, attach a photo, that you can clip from a previous Form 1 or Form 4, and then pay for the filing. You’ll get a confirmation letter and then go get your fingerprint cards done. Include both to the ATF WV address and you should be approved in 15-20 days from their receipt of your prints.

If you’re waiting on Silencer Shop, you may NEVER get a Form 1 approved through them. The ATF efile process is simple & easy, so JUST DO IT!!!

Dr Bang
    Participant

Any suggestions on who does a good trust? And how is the best way to create a trust so Iā€™m the only one who needs to get the fingerprints?

Mark Ethridge Woodward
    Participant

Here are some firms to contact: https://www.guntrustdepot.com/?referralSource=ppc, http://nfafirearmstrust.com/, https://nfalawyers.com/, https://www.nationalguntrusts.com/ plus lots of others, just do a search.

I can’t vouch for any of the above so ask the questions and then go with your gut feeling on who to use. Back in the “old days” a reputable trust cost in the neighborhood of $600-$750 but prices have obviously come way down.

I will say that getting a trust thru Silencer Shop would probably be as good as anybody else, you just can’t on them to have their Form 1 service up and running anytime soon…

I forgot to mention that I think everyone on the trust will have to be fingerprinted, but I could be wrong on that now…

Nick
    Participant

Talked to a few folks over at silencer shop in the last few weeks. They said the updates had already been completed and approved by ATF a long time ago, and for the last month or so they have been processing the backlog of forms that were messed up and got returned.

Form 1 was supposed to be back online weeks ago, but they have still been catching up I guess.

Mark Ethridge Woodward
      Participant

Go efile your Form 1 thru the ATF sitesite & you’ll never go thru SILENCER SHOP again. They really screwed the pooch when they dropped the ball on this & had to have lost BIG BUCKS.

ATF Form 1 efile is simple & quick. No need to step outside the house ever again to file a Form 1 or pay any additionl costs or charges other than fingerprints…

Nick
        Participant

I’ve been doing single shot trusts through SS for all of mine because they are easy, so I don’t have another gun trust. If I had it already done I would have e-filed them before :). I keep waiting because it is supposed to be anytime. We’ll see how the next 1-2 weeks pan out, I’m getting sick of not being able to put the stock & VFG on my TP9 or getting the barrels cut on my USC->UMP conversion or my PS90.

I only have patience up to a point šŸ™‚

Dr Bang
    Participant

Awesome. Thanks for the info, guys!

SS is certainly the easiest way to go, as I’ve already got fingerprints with them, and can do a single shot trust. I’ll wait it out a few more weeks and see how it pans out!!

Mark Ethridge Woodward
      Participant

In the few weeks that you’re gonna wait on SS, you could be close to being approved via efile. Just saying. SS has lost the trust of lots of FORMER customers & if BATFE ever gets their CA-CA together on a Form 4 efile, then all of the SS “filing services” will be kaput…

Nick
      Participant

Just talked to SilencerShop today to ask for a status on this. Rep told me 50days was their new target, so e-file myself time.

Mark Ethridge Woodward
      Participant

As I said yesterday, 26 days from start to finish on my latest 2 efiled Form 1’s. Can Silencer Shop say that?

Nick
        Participant

Yeah, I knew E-files were going through in about 3-4 weeks for a while now, I just didn’t want to go through the process of setting up a trust as I’ve been using the single shot trusts from SS for ease.

Trust is done now though, and first two are filed šŸ™‚

ReconViper1
    Participant

Spoke to SS two days ago and was told their software has not yet been approved and they are filing individuals as Form 4 – Paper.

LoveThySpatula
    Participant

This exactly what I did for the exact same reasons – tired of waiting for SS. Got a trust from NationalGunTrusts.com and e-filed my F1 SBR about 10 days ago.

Did my own fingerprints and everything… hope the ATF is happy with them…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Write Reviews, Submit Tracking Data and More!

Subscribe to NFA Tracker, a community dedicated to tracking and reporting NFA transfer times as reported by users.

Join Now