Second form 4 within a year… and at one point I heard…

Home Forums NFA Tracker Form 4 Questions Second form 4 within a year… and at one point I heard…

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      coagula13
      Participant

I just filed my second form 4 and I had heard at one point that if you have sent in a new form 4 within a certain period of time, the new one isn’t expedited, but it goes through faster because your info is still on hand. Anyone else heard this?

Brandon
      Participant

No I have not. I have a friend who has alot of suppressors and he has had up to 5 form 4’s under a trust turned in at a time and they all come in a different times out of order but not faster than average. One time though, the examiner mixed up a form 4 with another one and it got sent back thinking it was a duplicate and once the examiner found out it was his/her mistake, they pushed his papers up to the front so he got an approval in like a month.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by Brandon.
        coagula13
        Participant

I had thought at one point in the past that i had heard that if you apply for a form 4 and it comes back clean, and apply for another one within a year, since their info is still fresh, it will speed up the process… IDK. Maybe it was just wishful thinking.

John
      Participant

I got 3 last year and each one took longer than the previous. I just had one approved this month that took even longer than my last one last year. In 2010 form 4s only took 2 months, I miss those days

Anthony Ohlendorf
      Participant

That’s a rumor with no truth to it. OTOH… I know one guy who when 41F came about, right before the rule change went into effect he pumped out about 25-30 SBR F1s that had so many errors, he basically got a personal examiner who went through every single one, so those got approved in quick order and all at the same time.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Write Reviews, Submit Tracking Data and More!

Subscribe to NFA Tracker, a community dedicated to tracking and reporting NFA transfer times as reported by users.

Join Now