Representative or Senator?

Home Forums NFA Tracker Form 4 Questions Representative or Senator?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  WCCPHD 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Gary
    Participant

I am currently sitting at 15 months since my check cash date for a individual trust. Who would be the correct person to contact Representative or Senator? Anyone have a copy of their message they sent that I can modify for my use?

IAShooters
    Participant

Contact your Senators.
    Ask them to inquire to the FBI on your behalf to get status of your background check as the ATF is stating that your form 4 or Form 1 has a status of “FBI inquiry pending background check”.
    The Senators will have the forms for you to fill out.
    My Senators had to inquire to the ATF first, just a formality. Once that was done I had one of them inquire to the FBI. The other Senator would not.
    Amazing how once the Senator contacted the FBI the background checks were done the same day…
    Inquiry process took about 2 months, but I got my approvals.
    ATF told me they should not go longer than 10 months, I will definitely start that process much sooner if it happens again.

Robert Menger
    Participant

I am currently at the 8 month mark, will begin the process to determine the status per your instructions above, hopefully this will put me at the 10 month mark per ATF. Thank you for the advice.

justin bryant
      Participant

I just sent an email to my
      Congressman hopefully with that it will move but I doubt it. I’m 6.5 months for two and 5 months for my other two I’m just frustrated and crap

rscalzo
        Participant

They will get thecstandatd form letter blaiming the shutdown and a 10 month average wait.

rscalzo
    Participant

Send to everyone. They ask if you notified anyone else.

Shaun
    Participant

So yesterday I decided to contact my senators office and filled out the release and they said they would call – I am at 263 days and the form 4 is in pending status. Per the guy I talked to at NFA a week ago Pending meant nothing and they are running a 9 month timeline. 7 days and we are at 9 months. I am hoping this contact speeds things up

GB
    Participant

I drive past my Representative’s local office on a weekly basis. Since I’m heading into month 11, maybe I’ll stop in with the date information next time I’m over that way.

But, on the plus side, the shop where I’m getting my cans has started getting approvals past when I made my order, so maybe I’ll get the call before I have to start a Congressional.

WCCPHD
    Participant

In my area we can’t get any help from our Congressman. We have to try to contact a Senator. Our Rep is extremely anti-gun and his wife is the former president of Handgun Control, Inc.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Write Reviews, Submit Tracking Data and More!

Subscribe to NFA Tracker, a community dedicated to tracking and reporting NFA transfer times as reported by users.

Join Now