Newb from Michigan

Home Forums General Welcome Newb from Michigan

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Zyn 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Zyn
    Participant

Hello all,

First time NFA buyer here. The paperwork wasn’t nearly as bad or confusing as I was expecting. Hardest part was finding time to get fingerprinted. Anywho, I dropped it all in the mail yesterday and paid extra to get it to OR overnight. Now the fun begins, but I can’t wait to get my suppressor!

-Zyn

coagula13
    Participant

Hello Zyn,

Welcome to the waiting club… sit back and forget it for a while, it is only gonna slow down time in your head… or do like others… buy another while waiting.

Zyn
    Participant

Thanks, coagula.

I do have an AR pistol I’ve been meaning to SBR… and it’s what I got the suppressor for anyway… hmm… let me check to see if the efile is back up

coagula13
    Participant

Might as well get started… It is only money… and if we are here, we either have too much of it or lack of common sense… I may fall into the latter. I got a CZ scorpion Micro I am working on purchasing and it has a collapsable brace, but trying to decide if I wanna put a stock on it later….

Zyn
      Participant

Might as well, right? Like you said, it’s only money

Good news to report: check cashed over the weekend. Only 2 days after receiving the paperwork! Fingers crossed I turn out to be an outlier on the Tracker

coagula13
        Participant

be careful by wishing to be a outlier… I see a bunch of people getting approvals the same time I purchased mine and after… meanwhile I am still pending… Outlier goes 2 ways.

Zyn
          Participant

As a student of mathematics, I understand quite well how outliers works. I’ve also experienced that wishing/hoping has never swayed a statistic one way or the other 😀

coagula13
            Participant

Haha, fair enough. I’ve been trying to be patient and and calling the atf every 2 weeks… called today to be told I had re approved the 19th… 1 year and 12 days… now I just gotta wait on my second one.

Zyn
              Participant

Congrats on the approval. Hopefully you get your toy in hand quickly. Every other tracking/approval thread I follow shows I’m just under a year out on my stamp 🙁

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Write Reviews, Submit Tracking Data and More!

Subscribe to NFA Tracker, a community dedicated to tracking and reporting NFA transfer times as reported by users.

Join Now