I Just Received This From Capital Armory…

Home Forums Off Topic NFA News I Just Received This From Capital Armory…

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  monsterman 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Mark Ethridge Woodward
    Participant

NFA industry news

There is a new trend at the NFA branch that benefits everybody! Customers who submit 10 or more forms over a period of time are seeing all forms approved at once. Basically, if the NFA branch is reviewing the first form you submitted and is aware you have multiple forms pending, they’ll approve all pending forms with the first one. Our latest customer who benefited from this received approvals all at once for forms submitted between June 2018 and March 2019. This is great news for everybody as it frees up time to process more forms.

13C
    Participant

At least there is some hope on the horizon. Do we know how they become “aware you have multiple forms pending”? We all hear stories about forms submitted on the same day getting split between different different examiners.

I ask because I’ve got 6 checks cashed between Oct 2018 and March 2019, I haven’t made any calls on them but I’m wondering if, with this news, I should to make sure they know there are other forms sitting around as well.

Obviously the other side would be grab one or two more and get them submitted asap and then call in a month, lol

I’ve never called on anything, I basically look at it that as long as I’m in the same window as everyone else, there really isn’t a point in calling… until now anyway.

Sam Goldwater
    Participant

I wonder why they would only do it for 10 or more? Seems like anything more then one would be fine. It would just make it easier for them.

13C
      Participant

I wonder why they would only do it for 10 or more? Seems like anything more then one would be fine. It would just make it easier fr them.

You would think.

I just called the NFA branch for the first time ever last Friday. Nice chap answered the phone and looked up the half dozen SN’s I provided him with, 4 of which had checks cashed last Oct.

Granted he wasn’t an examiner and all my 4’s are still pending – unassigned but I inquired briefly about any thing like this.

His answer was that since 3 did come in on the same day, they’d be processed at the same time *most likely*. He also said since the 4th came in about 8 days after the batch of 3, it wasn’t likely they’d be approved at the same time.

I laughingly said “so March is probably out of the question then” and we both laughed… while I silently screamed out in agony inside anyway.

Anyway, just a heads up, ATF says they are running 9 months… at the same time he just told me my 4 that are beyond 9 months (going on 10) haven’t even been assigned yet.

Mark Ethridge Woodward
    Participant

9 to 10 months in ATF speak is different that what most normal folks think a month means. Use this little day-date calculator, https://www.timeanddate.com/date/workdays.html?d1=11&m1=10&y1=2018&d2=5&m2=8&y2=2019&ti=on, and notice that if your check was cashed on Oct. 11, 2018, as mine was, then excluding weekends & holidays, your application would have only been with ATF for review for only 204 days, NOT the 299 days that normal people use. The Gub’ment, like most of us DO NOT work on the weekends or holidays!!!

So, 204 WORKING DAYS means my app has only been “In Process” for 6.8 30 day months, NOT 9 months, 26 days of actual time.

Looks like you’ve go at least 3 more REAL months before you can expect anything, somewhere around November 8th, 2019, give or take another 100 real days!!!

Mark Ethridge Woodward
      Participant

Also notice that most approvals coming out right now had checks cashed in July, 2018, so you do in fact have around another 3 NORMAL PERSON months. November, 2019 sometime is spot on…

13C
      Participant

monsterman
    Participant

I just have to respectfully disagree about the day count. This tracker is based upon calendar days, not work days. The numbers people are posting on the tracker and writing about in their posts are calendar days. I do agree that the 10 month number given by the ATF workers is not very helpful but only because the range of wait times is so large. Still the 10 months they talk about when you call is calendar months. To use this tracker just count the days since your check was cashed on the regular old calendar.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Write Reviews, Submit Tracking Data and More!

Subscribe to NFA Tracker, a community dedicated to tracking and reporting NFA transfer times as reported by users.

Join Now