Have not received stamp after approval 45 days ago

Home Forums NFA Tracker Form 4 Questions Have not received stamp after approval 45 days ago

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
      Mike
      Participant

My Form 4 (Trust) was approved on July 4th, still has not shown up to my FFL SOT. ATF said it should have been received within 30 days. Anybody have experience with this?

Dnut
      Participant

I’ve heard of this. Its not happened to me. The word on this is, you need to call the BATFE. And get the process started for a replacement stamp. Its happened before, and will happen again.

toonz176
      Participant

Mike,

Do you have an update on this? Did the ATF issue you a certified copy?

I might be in a similar boat. My Form 4 was approved August 12 and has not shown up at my SOT (24 days). I’m curious what the process is like for getting a certified copy from the ATF after 30 days.

Thanks.

Mike
        Participant

Still nothing yet… Was approved july 4th, and my SOT requested a certified copy almost a month ago and still waiting. They said thirty days so I would give it another week.

toonz176
      Participant

Hi Mike. Have you received your certified copy yet? Thanks.

Mike
        Participant

Finally received copy of approved form 4. No stamp on it but it has a signed seal at the bottom of page.Took 3 months to the day from time of approval. 15 months total

Brad
      Participant

I called my FFL today and they said my stamp came in last week. (For some reason they didn’t have my phone number.) This was a Form 4 Individual submitted 7/11/2016 and approved August 13, 2017. The reason I called them today was to ask them to contact the ATF and request a copy of my stamp. My understanding is that after 30 days from approval, your FFL can request a copy via email or fax.

toonz176
      Participant

Similar thing happened to me. I called the ATF to ask about my certified copy two weeks after I requested it. They said it was mailed to days prior. While waiting for it to show up, my original found its way to my to my SOT’s mailbox. A week after that, my certified copy arrived.

Funny thing is, the original stamp was postmarked three days before I got it, which was after I called to ask about my certified copy, and over six weeks after I was approved.

damaged
      Participant

It looks like I’m in the “lost stamp” club.
      Approved 10-14-17
      Copy Requested 11-10-17

Called Yesterday to see if there was any progress, only to be told the person I was talking to was having “computer issues” and to “call back on the 1st”. Plan on calling in the morning. Not sure whether to be mad at the Postal service (for losing it), the ATF (for not mailing either one), my dealer (who is apparently notorious for ignoring people lately), or any combination of all 3.
      I just want my toys. Feeling like a kid stuck in a loop, perpetually waking up on Christmas Eve “one more day… one more day… one more day…”

nmnfa
      Participant

Submitted two Form 4s at the same time, both approved on 12/28/17. One came in on 01/08/18 but not the other. 21 days after approval I’m beginning to think someone made a mistake. I guess I wait until day 31 and seek a copy. This is worse than the 12 month wait.

KSC4002
      Participant

Approved march 1
      Requested certified copy april 1
      Tax stamp NOT in hand yet.
      It has been a total of 2 months.

Called ATF, CHRIS, BECCA AND JENIFFER were no help. All 3 very rude and even hung up the phone on me when I asked “why are people getting their copy before original stamp.” They simply gave me the process of getting a certif. copy and that is it. They cannot even disclose when it will be mailed out or who reviewed it. I could see this going in circles with now stamp in hand

Funny story is my friend recieved his certified copy 1 month before his original stamp. They are not mailing it out!!

blackjersey
        Participant

ATF workers being rude not realizing their livelihood comes from us…

Mike B
      Participant

This seems to be a trend, mine was approved May 1st and haven’t received the actual stamp yet. I feel your pain but am relieved that I’m not the only one.

Justin Johnson
      Participant

My Osprey .45 was approved April 30th 2020, and received stamp today June 2nd 2020. I am lucky that I bought this one November 23rd and the approval was quick, but the mail for the stamp is just crazy!

mochool
      Participant

What happened to this forums?
      No longer can I read posts, or even view ones I had posted?
      Hope they fix this.

texanzone
      Participant

called today approved 6-2-2020 ,454 days form check cased 2 days short of 15 mounths

Norm
      Participant

It’s now been 45 days since I was approved. No stamp.
      Talked to the contractor who handles the certified copy
      requests and she informed me that once they get my signed
      request it should be about sixty days to get the copy! I
      could understand a week but 60 days? The requests get picked
      up every couple of weeks by people working at home. Then after
      they return them, someone else mails them. By this time at least
      4 weeks have gone by. Then when the person who mails them picks them
      up in a couple of weeks they mail them. Finally, the Post Office, who
      lost the first one, gets a do over on delivery. So, I can expect my
      approved stamp from March to arrive sometime in August.

kjarant
      Participant

I was approved March 11th and still no stamp.

KSC4002
      Participant

Approved February 4th, still no stamp

kjarant
      Participant

I was approved March 11th and still no stamp.

Just picked it up today 🙂 Five min after posting this they called me.

Stu
      Participant

First stamp sent 7 July 2017, check cashed on 15 July 2017, stamp approved on 27 March 2018, received at my FFL 17 August 2018.

Second stamp sent in 23 November 2017, check cashed 9 January 2018, then . . . nothing. Disappeared after months of waiting.

Re-sent in the second stamp application 2 May 2019. Second check cashed (they kept the first $200) 8 May 2019. Approved 26 February 2020. Still waiting. I guess I’ll wait until July to see if it follows my first stamp’s timeline.

For the first stamp, my FFL said that they received a box of stamps and other correspondence from the ATF at the same time. Like they were just waiting to fill the box before they sent it to the FFL.

Dansjeep2000
      Participant

Approved May 17th, today is June 22nd. Still no stamp.

Chief (Retired)
      Participant

For the first stamp, my FFL said that they received a box of stamps and other correspondence from the ATF at the same time. Like they were just waiting to fill the box before they sent it to the FFL.

I received a stamp last Friday and my dealer pointed out that he had received a batch with a range of approval dates. This aligns with other feedback that the examiners are coming in periodically to drop off a few weeks worth of work for mailing. I think this makes it luck of the draw in terms of delivery. Approvals from the beginning of the work-from-home period are taking longer to get into the mail queue and deliver back to the requestor.

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Write Reviews, Submit Tracking Data and More!

Subscribe to NFA Tracker, a community dedicated to tracking and reporting NFA transfer times as reported by users.

Join Now