Government shutdown

Home Forums NFA Tracker Form 4 Questions Government shutdown

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      gernest2
      Participant

So I wonder what the pending government shutdown is going to do to processing times…

TrooperBrian
      Participant

My guess is everything already in the queue just picks up where it left off, adding the time they didn’t work. Everything else is added to the backlog so you can expect everything moving forward to have a much longer wait time to offset the month of unprocessed forms.

David
      Participant

How many of the reviewers found a new job over the past few weeks. I know I would have. I would think whoever is left is a skeleton crew of unmotivated employees. Hope Im wrong. My check was cashed 6/23.

dtp
      Participant

I don’t think that many would have left as I bet everyone thought this would go faster. But the threat of another shutdown I suppose may be a problem. Ugh, at this rate my stamps cashed around 5/16/2018 will probably take a year like the 41f/election hangup. Wish I had a time machine to go back to the days of the horrendous 3 month waits.

Usmcdevildog
      Participant

They cashed my check 8/9/2018 form 4 individual I’m at day 226 and from what I’m seeing on the tracker they still aren’t even close.. how’s that fella get his stuff in 60 days how does that happen,

rscalzo
      Participant

They are still processing late May into early June.

The shutdown is more of an excuse than reality. They use it when I call about my Efile that’s on day 115 when approval submitted during and after cleared.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by rscalzo.
      rocketslinger
      Participant

FYI, the wait times seem to lack any real-time accuracy.

Out of curiosity, I had called the NFA Branch during “the shutdown” and there were personnel answering the phones and providing information; business as usual. So, it seems as if the NFA Branch was either partially or fully funded during the shutdown. As it has already been said, the shutdown seems to be more of an excuse than actually reality. Another excuse I have received placed the blame in the direction of the FBI. I wonder how many gov’t tentacles are involved with the approval process.

My check was cashed on 09 May 2018 and I am on day 320 with a current status of “pending”.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Write Reviews, Submit Tracking Data and More!

Subscribe to NFA Tracker, a community dedicated to tracking and reporting NFA transfer times as reported by users.

Join Now