Form 4 Trust

Home Forums NFA Tracker Form 4 Questions Form 4 Trust

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Mike_Anthony 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Author

Chris L.
    Participant

Purchased 09-15-2017
    Check cashed 10-17-2017

And, Ive been in FBI pending limbo ever since. Looks like Im one of the fortunate few whom get to wait over a year. Is there a hat or club..? Something along those lines so we can console one another in our safe spaces? lol

Hier
    Participant

I was just informed I am also in that club. If you read some sites they say it could be a month and others whenever!

Chris
    Chris
    Participant

Ok guys so I just got off the phone with Ashley who’s apparently my examiner for my most recent form 4, and she said that I was delayed. Which is interesting since I don’t have anything that would disqualify me from purchasing and nfa item or firearm I’m general. I also have my concealed carry permit and in Wyoming you go through a federal background check to get it! She told me that when you get a concealed carry permit there’s a and I forgot the name, but a number attached to it and it could sometime delay you while they look into it. Anyone know or have heard of this?

Mike_Anthony
      Participant

When your prints were submitted for your Wyoming carry permit, it could have created a rap back file with your biometric identifiers. It’s possible that your state wants to be notified if you are arrested in another state, so they can revoke your permit due to you becoming ineligible or prohibited…something like this could easily cause a delay in your background check.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Mike_Anthony.
        Chris
        Chris
        Participant

I guess that makes sense, but I haven’t been arrested in another state. Well once I’n colorado but that didn’t get me delayed last time for my sbr

Mike_Anthony
          Participant

The rap back would only be used by your state to continuously monitor your background just in case you get arrested, they would be alerted immediately. I am not sure if Wyoming subscribes to this service, but other states such as Hawaii does.

Chris
            Chris
            Participant

I’m not sure either but that makes since. Now I guess it’s just a waiting game. The examiner said I could aleal it and get a number to make it faster next time, but I’m not sure if I’m going to do that or not. Hopefully it’s not delayed forever

Mike_Anthony
              Participant

Unfortunately, the FBI has stated recently that they will not process appeals or issue UPINs for delayed or erroneously denied NFA NICS checks. This issue is currently being addressed in a lawsuit brought by the Stamboulieh Law Firm, on behalf of multiple plaintiffs. The case is Umbert et al v. UNITED STATES OF AMERICA et al. This firm has successfully sued over denied NICS checks in the past, Mr Stamboulieh is also the attorney who recently had the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals strike down the open carry bans which affected gun owners in Hawaii, California etc,.. If you believe that you are having a real issue with your NFA transfer, I would advise calling him or emailing him. The only way to resolve these types of issues is by suing the government and forcing them via a court order to correct their mistakes. If I run into problems with the transfers I am currently waiting on, he will definitely be the first person I call.

Chris
                Chris
                Participant

I mean there’s still no reason for me to be denied it just looks like it’s going to be a waiting game right? Just because you’re delayed doesn’t mean you’re denied or am I missing something? Don’t they have an amount of time they need to get back to you, they can’t ijst sit in your stamp when you paid the 200 fuckikg dollars can they! That’s bullshit! What’s the number to that place?

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Chris Chris.

Mike_Anthony
                  Participant

Unlike a typical gun purchase that takes place at an FFL, there is no established amount of time in which the NICS must be completed for NFA items. A delay is not a denial, it simply means that there are records which need to be examined further to ensure that the person is not prohibited. This not only includes criminal history data, but can also include incomplete or missing data, duplicate entries, prior military service, immigration status, pattern of drug use, mental health etc,.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Write Reviews, Submit Tracking Data and More!

Subscribe to NFA Tracker, a community dedicated to tracking and reporting NFA transfer times as reported by users.

Join Now