Form 1 for a « not » machine gun LOL

Home Forums NFA Tracker Form 1 Questions Form 1 for a « not » machine gun LOL

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  whamp whamp 5 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Author

davidlofton
    Participant

okay I fully realize this is going to sound insane but please bare with me. I have closely read the BATFE’s definition and the federal law’s definition of a machine gun. ….more than one round with one PULL OF THE TRIGGER. So here is my question. What if it where « more than one round with one PUSH of the trigger? » Hear me out here. What if we created a « firearm » that could discharge more than one round where the trigger actuation was with one PUSH of the trigger? You must push the trigger towards the front of the firearm to fire.

Someone takes their AR15 and modifies was he trigger to shoot on ONLY a push. The trigger has to be PUSHED FORWARD to fire and and not fire when pulled backwards? Would that be a machine gun? Under the way the law is written I would say NO.

Thoughts??

• This topic was modified 7 months, 4 weeks ago by  davidlofton.

davidlofton
    Participant

I am considering written the Firearms Technology Branch at BATFE to ask them this very question.

davidlofton
    Participant

Okay sent the question to the BATFE’s firearms technology branch. I will keep y’all updated on what I find out.

whamp whamp
    Participant

That is a really interesting idea. I would just say from an ergonomics perspective it might be more comfortable to design a mechanism for the thumb to push, rather than the index finger. I’m thinking of a blank pistol grip, no trigger. Your four fingers wrap around it flat, but on the back side there’s a space for your thumb to push a lever or a button.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 4 weeks ago by  whamp whamp.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Write Reviews, Submit Tracking Data and More!

Subscribe to NFA Tracker, a community dedicated to tracking and reporting NFA transfer times as reported by users.

Join Now