E-file form1 times

Home Forums NFA Tracker Form 1 Questions E-file form1 times

Tagged: 

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

What are people experiencing currently as wait times on an efiled form1 trust? I have 2 rp and submitted on may 14th 2020.

Geo490
      Participant

Thats the question been waiting since April checked on 7/13/20 on ATF website it know shows disapproved called Silencer Shop i think there might be a problem with the efile form 1s sounds like there are quite a few disapprovals waiting for more information from Silencer Shop.

Participant

I just checked mine it is also disapproved and I read the notes at the bottom for the reason for disapproval let’s just say I’m not very happy

Geo490
      Participant

On my disapproval it says no third party submissions. What gives. Hopefully Silencer Shop can fix this.

Participant

I emailed them and am waiting for a rply. Mine also says the same regarding the third party submission. But technically we submitted them not a third party I clicked the submit button.

mart2224
      Participant

I mean… you’d do yourself a huge favor by not having SS do your form 1. They’re really not that hard.

Participant

Well when you can’t get finger prints done due to a pandemic but as already has your fingerprints on file it is convenient. But appreciate your unneeded opinion

Geo490
      Participant

For everyone awaiting a efile form form 1 done thru Silencer Shop and just found they were disapproved because the ATF of they state it was third party submission

Sir,

We sincerely regret the delay and subsequent disapproval of your eForm 1.   You will be receiving an email shortly with instructions pertaining to your submission. 

In the interim, we will begin to automatically process a refund back to your original form of payment for the Form 1 service and your tax stamp.  If you choose to efile on your own, you can submit a copy of your barcoded coversheet provided by the ATF via email to

mart2224
      Participant

What a terrific audience.

Yogitx13
      Participant

Just received my disapproval from a SS Form 1 submittal, 36 days in. Guess I will wait for my email and refund. SMDH

Mark Ethridge Woodward
      Participant

The efile Form 1 is so easy to do that there is really no reason to have it done by anyone else, especially with the latest round of “problems” with Silencer Shop submittals. Yes, I’ve heard all the excuses from individuals who used the Silencer Shop flawed Form 1 process: “It’s so easy for me”, “I can’t do my own fingerprints”, “I don’t have time to do it myself”, yada, yada, yada. Those same individuals just got a BIG surprise from SS, but guess what, a large majority of them will STILL go back to SS for Form 1’s should they ever get their shyte straightened out.

If you just ABSOLUTELY have somebody else do this for you, because of whatever lame excuse you come up with next time, Capitol Armory in Cedar Park, TX will handle the process for you CORRECTLY!!!

Unless you’ve got unlimited time to piss off waiting for SS to get their act together, JUST DO IT YOURSELF!!! Contact BATFE for FREE fingerprint cards and Amazon for an inkless fingerprint pad and then just follow the directions EXACTLY. Hell, your kids could do itm what’s your excuse? Oh yeah, I’ve already heard that one…

tvarden
      Participant

Did the SS Trust Form 1 May 5th 2020, So 44 days and then I get the email I had a disapproval. Same email from SS about ATF disapproving us all. So tonight I filed myself online.. Not hard, but made easier with the email from SS with all the paperwork and trust attached. I have a lifetime SS trust with them and do like their help.. I do not blame them at all, ATF plays by their own rules and you never know from day to day..

tgoldie00
      Participant

Just for general reference I am presently at 60 days from submission (prints arrived 5 business days after submission) with no coms from BATFE yet. I filed myself (not through SS).

I think their approval times are slipping a wee bit but the consensus seems to be the 30 day thing is presently a thing of the past.

HuskerFan54
      Participant

Is anyone having problems attaching their Trust in the Form 1 prior to submittal? ATF has been non-responsive.

HuskerFan54
      Participant

Hello. When you filed yourself using the trust did you have a problem attaching that trust at the end? I can’t seem to attach the trust for some reason. ATF has been completely non-responsive.

I was going through Silencer Shop as well.

tgoldie00
      Participant

Hello. When you filed yourself using the trust did you have a problem attaching that trust at the end? I can’t seem to attach the trust for some reason. ATF has been completely non-responsive.

I filed as an individual.

tvarden
      Participant

Yes I had a problem attaching and then noticed it was 5mb in size, so I printed it out and scanned it at a lower resolution and got it to 1.8mb and it attached fine after that..

AllenW
      Participant

Form 1 e-file SBR Individual
      Submitted: 07-16-2020
      Fingerprints Mailed: 07-17-2020
      Approved: 08-02-2020
      Received digital approval and stamp via email, approved by T. Bartles.

Mark Ethridge Woodward
      Participant

Congrats!!! 2 week turn around is an excellent amount of time to get approved in. You’ve also got a squeaky clean background, nobody else with the same name & a record, etc., things that trip up other applications & cause a delay for the Fibbies to have to do a more indepth investigation.

Now, start on the next one!!!

tgoldie00
      Participant

Congrats on the quick turn-around!

Guess I am going to have to call and try the old “have you received my fingerprints” trick to see if I can land on the top of the reviewer’s pile…..grrrrr

AllenW
      Participant

Thanks! You know I have been fairly lucky, the last 3 have been less than than 20-days. Maybe my job, clearance, who knows… those things usually seem to slow it down. It seems like fingerprints and background checks can be a black hole, with things getting lost. I was a bit surprised by having it approved on a Sunday.

tgoldie00
      Participant

Thanks! You know I have been fairly lucky, the last 3 have been less than than 20-days. Maybe my job, clearance, who knows… those things usually seem to slow it down. It seems like fingerprints and background checks can be a black hole, with things getting lost. I was a bit surprised by having it approved on a Sunday.

I’m a DoD contractor and do wonder if in the end my clearance slows mine down. My last Form 4 only took 89 days so I’m probably paying the piper for that small miracle.

I called today and they have everything so maybe that will send it to a higher point in the pile (since I was so nice and understanding….). Lol. We will see. It’s hard to sit on a fun pile of parts I want to slap together so badly!

robrpdms
      Participant

Some things to remember, efile submissions must be less than 3mb. So trust must be compressed to be less than 3mb. You don’t add it at the end, you upload it in line items, just like your photo and 5320.23. Scan your trust, include a last page that lists your trust items, leave it blank. I just bought adobe acrobat, $38 for the year. Allows you to download PDFs, edit, sign, combine files, add photos, compress, etc. Time saving was well worth it. Have trust, photo, 5320.23 and additional configs all saved in one folder. Fill out form, after several submissions it becomes very quick and easy. After submission, check your email on a computer, not your phone and print out fingerprint cover letter, priority mail it with your 2 fingerprint cards. And more importantly once fingerprints are on file at silencer shop, call them and order prints, they will send 2 copies for $15. Order 5 sets and cost is $81. Hope this helps some…

NathanM
      Participant

I have been pending since 5/8 and 5/14 on two stamps. Luckily not rejected yet but any time I call, I get a “pending FBI background check” this has been several months for a process that takes minutes. I have had 2-3 stamps approved in the past year. Rather disappointing to see some people still getting 2 week turnarounds when im almost at 90 days.

NathanM
      Participant

I have been pending since 5/8 and 5/14 on two stamps. Luckily not rejected yet but any time I call, I get a “pending FBI background check” this has been several months for a process that takes minutes. Rather disappointing to see some people still getting 2 week turnarounds when im almost at 90 days.

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Write Reviews, Submit Tracking Data and More!

Subscribe to NFA Tracker, a community dedicated to tracking and reporting NFA transfer times as reported by users.

Join Now