Current petitions

Home Forums Off Topic 2nd Amendment and General Gun News Current petitions

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 1 week, 5 days ago.

• Author

Tjwheeler
    Participant

Here are some current petitions I believe are important for us as responsible American gun owners. These may not go anywhere but I strongly feel we are headed in the right direction to fully securing our 2nd ammendment rights. Please voice your opinions.

Repeal the NFA petition.
    https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/repeal-nfa

Repeal the 1986 Hughes ammendment
    https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/repeal-1986-hughes-amendment

Please make sure to contact your local Congress men/women and show your support for the hpa. The link below has a pre written letter basically fill in the blank and submit. it takes 5 minutes of your time to share your support with your local representatives.

Home

Spy C. Weiner
    Spy C. Weiner
    Participant

The previous 1986 Hughes amendment repeal petition came just shy of the 100k requirement so I made another with a sharper stance than the last.

Let’s get this right back.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/repeal-1986-hughes-amendment-otherwise-known-firearm-owners-protection-act-1986-fopa

gernest2
    Participant

Signed… again

waveslider
    Participant

Here’s a stat that will put it into perspective for some.

My wife went in on Friday, March 31st to submit her TSA Pre-check paperwork. On Monday, April 3rd (less than one business day and a total of three calendar days) she received her approval. The government was able to vett her as a non-terrorist, non-threat, and able to bypass significant airport security to fly with thousands of other passengers around the world.

And yet, I have to wait 9 months for the government to approve me to own a piece of glorified muffler tubing. It took them over one month, just to cash my check to begin the 8 month sit-and-wait period for them to determine I’m not a terrorist, not a threat, and able to posses some threaded titanium about 7 inches long.

I just thought it was funny to see her get the TSA approval in 72 hours essentially.

doheba
    Participant

I agree, it’s purposely difficult and bureaucratic. A friend of mine insists that’s a good thing, as it will deter those who would use one irresponsibly from even attempting ownership. My counterargument is 1. you can buy a GUN with NO waiting period, which is a prerequisite for even using a suppressor, and 2. the irresponsible could make a homemade suppressor easily and inexpensively.
    I definitely have more of an issue with the waiting period than the tax stamp, personally. But I also think the NFA as a whole should be repealed. I can own a pistol that fits in my pocket but not an SBR? A “bump fire” stock but not an auto-sear lower receiver? C’mon.

waveslider
    Participant

It is using taxation to legislate. No way around it.

Anonymous

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Write Reviews, Submit Tracking Data and More!

Subscribe to NFA Tracker, a community dedicated to tracking and reporting NFA transfer times as reported by users.

Join Now