Avoid Silencershop

Home Forums NFA Tracker Form 1 Questions Avoid Silencershop

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Mark Ethridge Woodward 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Frank Mattioli
    Participant

I purchased the Form 1 efile package on 05 November 2018. I received a call from them several weeks ago explaining they would send me a email link that I would have to click on to verify my submission. I have not seen anything. I would avoid all transactions with Silencer Shop, as they seem to be in some sort of flux currently. At this point I am contemplating the $241.00 loss and going to refile on my own, which seems to be the best way to go.

NoEcm
    Participant

Why don’t you just call Silencer Shop and ask for refund if you don’t want to wait? They have stated very clearly and it’s been posted on many forums that they will issue a full refund if you just ask for one.

If you do have the patience to wait you will be rewarded with a $75 gift certificate and a small goodie bag after your Form 1 has been resubmitted (at least that’s what I’ve been told by SS and have also read on different forums).

BTW, from everything I’ve read the delay is on the ATF and not Silencer Shop.

For the record I purchased my last Form 1 from them on 10/7/2018 which is hung is the system and I’ll just patiently wait like I have for my last dozen of transactions though them. Once they get their Form 1 back online (after the ATF approves their new software) I’ve got 2 more Form 1’s that I’m going to submit through them.

And no, I’m not a Silencer Shop employee, just an old man that has been around NFA a long time and I’ve learned that this hobby requires a lot of patience.

LoveThySpatula
    Participant

Purchased my last form 01 on October 15th… I 100% trust SS to take care of me. Although, they have made it abundantly clear that they are willing to issue refunds if you so desire. Contact them if you have any issues – they are very helpful and receptive.

Don’t blame SS for the complete inefficiency of the ATF.

Frank Mattioli
    Participant

Agreed, I weote this post out of frustration. I spike with Matt from the SilencerShop and he explained the situation. The issue is that the ATF changed the process on them after they started. They are confident it will be worked. I apologize to all for my post.

LoveThySpatula
      Participant

No need to apologize to us – I am confident each and every one of us has felt similarly at one point or another. It’s a frustratingly long and arduous process that has no forseeable improvement on the horizon.

Brian
    Participant

SiShop had a bunch of great ideas involving making it much easier to fill out your info and prints and even cut down wait times. I decided not to use them after I was told that they take over a month to check your cash, I did it the original way and it took only a week. I one time called them and who ever answered the phone would barely speak, what a joke! I remember when everyone got hyped that wait times would be reduced to 90 days, which never happened!

gernest2
    Participant

I just wish the ATF would approve SS’s repair already!! More so I can get my $75 credit, I’m holding off buying my next can until I do.

LoveThySpatula
      Participant

We hear ya brother. Been nearly a four month wait for me so far for my F1 and no end in sight.

At this point, I just want my damn stamp.

John
    Participant

Silencershop has done really great things. They’ve made the scary NFA process easy for people who want to own NFA items. I submitted two e-form1’s through SS back in October and they did not get submitted due to the “certification” requirement from the ATF. Due to this setback, I created an account on the atf.gov eforms site and submitted two eform1’s myself, forwarded the coversheet to silencershop, and they sent my prints and coversheet off to the ATF for me. Thanks SS! They sent the coversheets and fingerprints to the ATF the day I forwarded it to them. I really appreciate these guys and you have to realize that they are expanding this market more than ever before in the history of NFA ownership, which is great for 2A rights and education. So what if they are a bit slow to send your stuff off to the ATF for Form 4’s.. Most people wouldn’t even own an NFA item if it weren’t for SS. They are sending off a ton of these forms for folks who otherwise wouldn’t feel comfortable trying to figure it out for themselves. They help explain the process to NFA newbs and are a champion of gun rights in my opinion.

Mark Ethridge Woodward
    Participant

Sorry guys but SS is no longer doing Form 1’s until their software is approved by BATFE. Go to the SS website & notice that the SS Form 1 service is “OUT OF STOCK”. 2 days ago I received an email from SS employee “Mike” stating that they were awaiting approval of the software.

I went ahead and filed & paid directly through BATFE’s “Eform” site & got my fingerprints done at IdentoGO and mailed them off yesterday, for a scheduled arrival on Friday. Then you just wait on the email from BATFE saying that you’ve been approved, or not…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Write Reviews, Submit Tracking Data and More!

Subscribe to NFA Tracker, a community dedicated to tracking and reporting NFA transfer times as reported by users.

Join Now