Any recent submissions/approvals?

Home Forums NFA Tracker Form 1 Questions Any recent submissions/approvals?

This topic contains 14 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  James 1 week, 4 days ago.

• Author

Anthony Ohlendorf
    Participant

According to the graph, seems like Form 1 subs have stalled at a mid-May cash date. LMAO it’s always just my luck to hit the other end of the curve, when wait times start going up again. Happened with my last two F4s too when times were way down on F4 individual subs last year, and then I submitted right at the bottom of that slide, when ATF decided to quit processing those for several months.

Kevin
    Participant

I submitted a Form 1 (Trust – Paper). Check cashed 15 July 2018. 77 days and counting. Expecting approval any day…

Mark Ethridge Woodward
    Participant

I think you’re being VERY optimistic. Form 1 (Individual) have been coming in a little over 5 months. Trusts usually always take longer…

Anthony Ohlendorf
      Participant

Well based on the general trend of the most recently reported approvals on the tracker graph, Form 1s (both individual and trust) were coming in well under 5 months. Many were coming under 4 months, with some as low as 3 months total (guesstimated) turnaround time. And then people just stopped reporting them. My question is whether they have basically stalled, and now wait times on F1s are going back up, or are people just not reporting their approvals?

Rick
    Participant

I submitted a Form 1, individual, and had my check cashed on the 13th of July.

I’m not holding my breath that I’ll see an approval before Christmas, but I’m a pessimist.

Mark Ethridge Woodward
      Participant

I’m the same way, so that if things do come in early and unexpected, it’s like Christmas morning. Unfortunately not too many of those unexpected, early surprises lately fro ATF…

Kevin
    Participant

You’re right about the Tracking Chart showing no recent updates.
    Do the charts use NFA data, or inputs from individual’s posting to this web page?
    If it’s individuals, it could be that no one has bothered to post their information. (That’s what I assumed, but you know how that goes.)

Anthony Ohlendorf
      Participant

All data on this website is based on registered user input, not the ATF or anywhere else. I’m leaning towards the ATF putting F1s on hold, since people here are usually pretty eager to report their approvals, and from what I’ve seen on Facebook, not many people there are reporting approvals on F1s either.

James
    Participant

Well contacted my congressman last week and filled out the consent form so they could speak for me. Didn’t really want to do it…but I just frustrated seeing all these checks being cashed in March of this year and people getting approved 6 months later! And mine was cashed in January..2 months earlier…I just dt get it! Hopefully they can help…congrats to all those getting approved…not hating on those people.

John
    Participant

Form 1 Paper

Check cashed 3/18/2018

Stamp in hand 10/1/2018

gernest2
    Participant

Form 1 paper trust check cashed 6/25/18 called today 10/2/18 98ish days in and still pending. Was hoping I’d be in the under 100 day club but I don’t see that happening

Kevin
    Participant

I called the ATF to check on the status of my Form 1. The rep said the average wait time is 7 months. She wouldn’t comment on the reasons for the increase from earlier this year.

Kevin
    Participant

Here’s my theory on recent developments:
    This may have come up earlier, but I haven’t seen it in the forums I’ve been following.
    The ATF had agents working overtime to process Form 1’s & Form 4′. Processing times were significantly reduced. Then suddenly processing slowed dramatically a couple of months ago.
    Considering that federal agencies are budgeted by fiscal year (1 Oct to 30 Sep).
    I’ll bet the 2018 Budget had money set aside for overtime to reduce the backlog, but the 2019 budget does not.
    Anybody with insider information on this?

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by  Kevin.

John
    Participant

I called the ATF two days ago and talked to a very nice lady and after she told me I had been approved on my form 1 after 203 days, I asked if they had added more folks in October in conjunction with the new budget and she said yes they added extra people but the problem was the fingerprint backlog at the FBI.

James
    Participant

2 form 1’s submitted 10/23/2018 efile trust.

Approved 11/08//2018

Looks like the efile system is rocking!

I am already in finger print system, so not sure if that speeds things up.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by  James.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by  James.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Write Reviews, Submit Tracking Data and More!

Subscribe to NFA Tracker, a community dedicated to tracking and reporting NFA transfer times as reported by users.

Join Now