Reply To: Form 4 Individual

Home Forums NFA Tracker Form 4 Questions Form 4 Individual Reply To: Form 4 Individual

Ralph
Participant

FWIW, I don’t think it’s anything an ATF examiner can do to expedite the process when it’s in FBI BC land. A while back I googled FBI NICS and actually was able to find a number to call. Through a long list of numbers to call and prompts to press I finally got a hold of someone at the FBI NICS dept. She answered the phone and I explained the situation and asked if there was any additional needed from me. I really thought she was going to try to help me out bc she never cut me off but when I finished she asked me where I got this number from and who gave it to me. She rudely said they don’t answer any calls pertaining to updates and told me to call the ATF for an update (haha). But the most useful bit of information I got from her was she told me they do the BCs for the ATF as a “courtesy” to them.

I don’t know about you but I take that as a luck of the draw on who in the FBI gets to do your ATF BC and will only complete it after they get there own FBI work finished first. You could get someone that is hyped up on Adderall and gets done with their FBI pile and has plenty of time to get to their ATF pile or you can get someone who struggles to even get his or her FBI finished therefore never getting around to the ATF pile.

But I’m sure when a congressman calls the ATF about a certain individual, that information gets passed to FBI NCIS to have them do it now.

Of course this is all speculative

Write Reviews, Submit Tracking Data and More!

Subscribe to NFA Tracker, a community dedicated to tracking and reporting NFA transfer times as reported by users.

Join Now