Reply To: R U required to show anyone your legal form 4?

Home Forums NFA Tracker Form 4 Questions R U required to show anyone your legal form 4? Reply To: R U required to show anyone your legal form 4?

SirVyn
Participant

Why would I go and show them my gun and serial number?? They already have my info, cleo gets a copy of the form 4. Sheriff gets a copy of handgun registration. DMV already has my address and weight! Your info is out there.

Just because it takes forever to get approved doesn’t mean that form is anything special.

Well, to be fair.. there’s a good chance the CLEO is thrown away. And if it’s not, it’s a small dept or office that has it(at least around here anyway.) Second, there’s no reason to not show them your legally obtained and owned fire arm. Especially when it comes to NFA items, they may want to make sure you are doing what you are supposed to do in staying compliant. If they ask, show it. Being too big of a dick could land you in some seriously unnecessary poop.

And they don’t know if you are actually you. And the real you is doing what’s legally required for you to do.
It’s like the people who refuse to give law enforcement their credentials… over a trivial traffic violation. Then there’s the “constitutionists”….

Write Reviews, Submit Tracking Data and More!

Subscribe to NFA Tracker, a community dedicated to tracking and reporting NFA transfer times as reported by users.

Join Now