Reply To: Form 4 Individual

Home Forums NFA Tracker Form 4 Questions Form 4 Individual Reply To: Form 4 Individual

TEXAN
Participant

RE: INFO RECEIVED/FORWARDED FROM FL REP DIST 8 BILL POSEY
UPDATE ON:

MY INFO:
RUGER SILENT-SR

Form 4 Individual
Dealer had in stock
Purchased 9/26/2017 – M.O. Sent
Pending Since 10-10-17

I call AGAIN yesterday and spoke with an ATF supervisor, was told that as the FBI wanted to run a “current” NICS check, they did not want the ATF to send to them my application until the FBI was “caught up” with their backlog. Soooo, the FBI did not want my application for FIVE DAMN MONTHS until they get their S together, FBI received my application March 3, 2018…. I also sent my Congressional Rep, (FL Dist. 8), all my paperwork to see if they could help. It may not, but, we will see….

HERE IS THE REPLY I RECEIVED… A REAL W T F REPLY…..

Sent: Wednesday, June 6, 2018 6:59 AM
To: Ayala, Alaina
Subject: Mr. XXXXX X. XXXX XX

The FBI Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Division’s National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) Section received your request regarding Mr. XXXX XXX XXX. The following information will better assist your constituent.

The NICS Section is unable to assist Mr. XXXX XXXX XXX with his concerns as this process is outside the scope of the FBI’s responsibilities. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) enforces firearm laws and conducts firearm background checks required for specific regulated firearms pursuant to the National Firearms Act.

Additionally, to summarize, the ATF is responsible for the background checks for suppressors, because they use the NICS (system) during the process of regulated firearm background checks. With that said, the NICS Section has been advised if the ATF receives a delay response, a status check is not available be conducted for an update with the NICS Section. Any correspondence associated with suppressors must be conducted via the ATF. The NICS Section does not process status checks or appeals for suppressors (regulated firearms). I hope this explains the NICS Section’s position better.

FBI CJIS Division’s NICS Section

Write Reviews, Submit Tracking Data and More!

Subscribe to NFA Tracker, a community dedicated to tracking and reporting NFA transfer times as reported by users.

Join Now