Second form 4 within a year… and at one point I heard…

Home Forums NFA Tracker Form 4 Questions Second form 4 within a year… and at one point I heard…

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Anthony Ohlendorf 1 month ago.

• Author

coagula13
    Participant

I just filed my second form 4 and I had heard at one point that if you have sent in a new form 4 within a certain period of time, the new one isn’t expedited, but it goes through faster because your info is still on hand. Anyone else heard this?

Brandon
    Participant

No I have not. I have a friend who has alot of suppressors and he has had up to 5 form 4’s under a trust turned in at a time and they all come in a different times out of order but not faster than average. One time though, the examiner mixed up a form 4 with another one and it got sent back thinking it was a duplicate and once the examiner found out it was his/her mistake, they pushed his papers up to the front so he got an approval in like a month.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Brandon.

coagula13
      Participant

I had thought at one point in the past that i had heard that if you apply for a form 4 and it comes back clean, and apply for another one within a year, since their info is still fresh, it will speed up the process… IDK. Maybe it was just wishful thinking.

John
    Participant

I got 3 last year and each one took longer than the previous. I just had one approved this month that took even longer than my last one last year. In 2010 form 4s only took 2 months, I miss those days

Anthony Ohlendorf
    Participant

That’s a rumor with no truth to it. OTOH… I know one guy who when 41F came about, right before the rule change went into effect he pumped out about 25-30 SBR F1s that had so many errors, he basically got a personal examiner who went through every single one, so those got approved in quick order and all at the same time.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Write Reviews, Submit Tracking Data and More!

Subscribe to NFA Tracker, a community dedicated to tracking and reporting NFA transfer times as reported by users.

Join Now