Quicker as Individual or Trust?

Home Forums NFA Tracker NFA Tracker Questions Quicker as Individual or Trust?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  stone1963 4 days, 19 hours ago.

• Author

DHart
    Participant

I am getting ready to apply and would like to know if it is quicker for me to apply as an individual or through my trust?

jjtx
    Participant

I’m guessing anything TRUST related is a year wait time right now. Though the times are dropping.

If you look at the graph, they speak for themselves.

SirVyn
    Participant

Individuals are moving faster than trusts. But not as fast as they were. W/ the ATF moving more staff over to get trusts caught up the times have come down. 9-12 months.. ish

Look at the times people are posting in the Trust and Individual forums. Don’t rely on the Tracker alone. If people forget or just don’t want to update it, then it will show incorrect info.

John
    Participant

Everything is slowing down, due to holidays, increased sales in the firearms industry slowing the fbi/nics, and the atf/nfa is no longer working sundays and has cut overtime. I am still seeing a lot of late 2016 trust approvals coming in. The nfa branch is still quoting 9 months. Individuals are all over the place too, I read daily about January or march individual f4’s still not back but I have a mid june back. F3’s are going less than a day for some yet I’m 4 weeks in on one and nada. I still have one outstanding july f4 too. I Individual everything, but my wife has no interest at all and I have a will with instructions to sell it all and divide the money, so no need for a trust. I really miss the sub 60 day times.

Coastal Passport 22
    Silencerco Hybrid 46
    SWD M11/9 SMG

stone1963
    Participant

Good afternoon all, here are the times on my first post-41F weapon transfer on a three person trust:

Submitted to ATF – 11/4/2016
    Card charged – 1/12/2017
    Approved – 12/2/2017
    Received – 12/8/2017

TOTAL WAIT TIME – 324 DAYS

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Write Reviews, Submit Tracking Data and More!

Subscribe to NFA Tracker, a community dedicated to tracking and reporting NFA transfer times as reported by users.

Join Now