Purchase –> Check Cashed for Form 1 E-file

Home Forums NFA Tracker Form 1 Questions Purchase –> Check Cashed for Form 1 E-file

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  zcrow 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
    Fulliautomatix
    Fulliautomatix
    Participant

Does that date really exist? E-file payment confirmation really occurs concurrently with the Form being submitted. The 33 day window from Purchase –> Check Cashed currently shown doesn’t really make sense since a Form 1 really isn’t a purchase/transfer, it’s a manufactured device which shouldn’t exist until the Form is approved.

(I realize we’re working with user entered data here, just curious what that duration could represent)

Fulliautomatix
    Fulliautomatix
    Participant

PS: I’m referring to the average wait time bar charts here.

PPS: Can you open up the time window for being able to edit posts?

Hellrazr44
    Participant

I’ve been wondering that also. I bought my “pistols” and didn’t submit the form 1’s until I had them in my possession about 2 weeks later. Maybe it’s people like me who put the purchase date as when I acquired the “base” of my build, and “check cashed” date as when I e-filed? I can’t imagine people waiting a month to file since “the longer you wait, the longer you wait,” unless that’s just how long people wait on average to get the serial number part.

Maybe a suggestion to the site builders would be to clarify how it should be recorded so that the bar charts are clearer to all (either get rid of “purchased” date for e-filed form 1’s since you’re right about manufacturing, or call it “e-file date” instead of “check cashed” so it is clear to go off of that).

That brings up another question: if check cashed is indeed the e-filing date, then how can that be true/accurate if it’s currently at 130 days and I (as well as others on this site) have been waiting about 180+ days?

zcrow
    Participant

I don’t think it’s accurate, I submitted individual form 1 via paper in Sep and they still haven’t cashed my check. according to the chart the avg is 41 days.. I’m nearing 90 days..

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Write Reviews, Submit Tracking Data and More!

Subscribe to NFA Tracker, a community dedicated to tracking and reporting NFA transfer times as reported by users.

Join Now