Pending status

Home Forums NFA Tracker Form 4 Questions Pending status

This topic contains 16 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  WIllis1 9 months ago.

• Author
    Chris
    Chris
    Participant

Ok I’m going on 4 months since my card was charged. My question is when will I go into pending status? I’ve called and they still say they haven’t received anything on my form 4 trust. Kinda getting frustrated.

Spy C. Weiner
    Spy C. Weiner
    Participant

I would recommend starting by contacting the company/ FFL holder that you purchased through. A 4 month delay between charge and paperwork being sent to ATF doesn’t sound right.

Chris
      Chris
      Participant

Thanks for the reply. I should have been more specific, I overnighted my form 4 paper work on Nov 3rd and my card was charged on the 6th. So the atf received it and charged my card. I’m just wondering if I won’t be able to see a pending status until they are actually reviewing my form? If that makes sense.

Spy C. Weiner
        Spy C. Weiner
        Participant

That info helps. In regards to them updating the pending status of your form; well, as I’ve seen how evidently swamped they are, it very well could be that they are putting the upkeep of records on the backburner.

Now, I know as an outsider that doesn’t know the 101, this doesn’t sound that likely to me. If I were you I would cause a bigger stink if you think it may be necessary. Cause yah, 4 months of no record, doesn’t fly.

Furthermore I can recommend you contact your card company and dispute this charge if the ATF is not willing to dig deeper into this for you.

There are several variables I would consider before making choices here.

If you in fact do have your info and may just didn’t update their system; requesting a stop pay for that charge could cause them to actually search for it. If they were to find it, they may very well take it from its place within the line of forms that need to be examined. If they do that, maybe they mail it back to you and will probably will have to go through the process of getting it to them again.

In short, if you feel like you can sit on this and wait it out, then do it. Otherwise, in my mind, creating a dispute could cause you to lose what place you hold IF they actually do have it and just didn’t input info.

Alternatively, if you had it overnighted then I would use the tracking information from that to contact the service you used to overnight it to them and see about getting additional information.

Weigh everything here: in no way am I recommending you cancel the process but just want you to be aware of what you can do.

Hope this helps you out.

Chris
    Chris
    Participant

That helps a lot. I may just have to call them and get an explanation. The guy I always seems to get when I call just says the same thing, “it won’t be lending for a while since I mailed it in in November and they’re still in July”, that’s literally all he says. Thanks again for the info.

KCMO-Kid
    Participant

pending means the form has been entered in to their system. the date the government takes your money isn’t really when its input. the forms are all sent to one place where they take your money and process them in to the system. they are then sent to another place where await an examiner to review them. I bought one in july and check was cashed shortly after it was sent. it didn’t go “pending until late December. just wait. theres a shit ton of forms they are processing.

KCMO-Kid
    Participant

there could have also been an error on the form or them entering the information and that’s why they cant look it up. they ask for the serial number, who the transformer is and who its going to. if all that hasn’t been entered or entered correctly, you may not be able to check yet. it may have to wait until the form reaches an examiner’s desk and they send it back to the dealer for a correction. and before you ask, no that doesn’t send you back to the bottom of the pile. just a couple weeks of a delay, of which is basically the shipping and handling time.

KCMO-Kid
    Participant

dont do what the other uy said and dispute the charge. that will just further delay and even cancel your paperwork. theres a metric ton of forms submitted right now. be patient.

Spy C. Weiner
      Spy C. Weiner
      Participant

Completely reading through, one would see that I didn’t tell @chris to do anything. I laid out what options he realistically has as well as their outcomes. Just to clarify for you. (:

Chris
        Chris
        Participant

I appreciate all the info

Chris
      Chris
      Participant

That’more along the lines of what I was thinking. I know they take your money and then it goes to a couple places before being entered in the system; I just didn’t realize it would take this long. Thanks for replying man

Anonymous

Sent in 3 items in may 2016. 2 were approved in January. Called ATF yesterday and spoke to the attendant. She said my suppressor went pending May 23, 2016 and it looks like its held up(?). I was given the extension of the examiner Nathan Hartsock so I left my contact info and a brief inquire. What is Held up status?

victhegreek
    Participant

Could be for anything they view as ‘discrepant’or ‘incomplete’. I just had two of mine (pending 25May) held up because the dealer needed to include the dates which they provided yesterday in response to ATFs letter and returned. Doesn’t necessarily mean you lose your place in line since an examiner was assigned, but adds more time to the process until ATF gets the issue resolved to their satisfaction.

Anonymous

I contacted the dealer and they claim they have not been notified of a problem etc… However never asked my name either. We’re going back almost a year. Thought this was odd their lack of questions etc… Ive had forms returned for editing but never this.

Chris
    Chris
    Participant

Update, I just got off the phone with the same guy at the aft and was finally told that they received my form 4 on November 8th and is now pending! Funny how they couldn’t tell me that the last time I called.

Chris
    Chris
    Participant

One more question, after you go into pending status does that mean they have already done the background check and are just waiting for an examiner to stamp it? This is my first NFA item so all info is appreciated.

WIllis1
    Participant

“Pending” is all you will be told until your stamp is approved.

Basically in a nut shell. You check has been cashed and your paperwork is in the system.

• This reply was modified 9 months ago by  WIllis1.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Write Reviews, Submit Tracking Data and More!

Subscribe to NFA Tracker, a community dedicated to tracking and reporting NFA transfer times as reported by users.

Join Now