New from Oregon

Home Forums General Welcome New from Oregon

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  PNWorygun 9 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

PNWorygun
    Participant

Hello,new here from Portland,OR. Just purchased my first can back in September and now the wait begins. A Spectre 22 for my Ruger 10/22 that I just finished modding out. Probably some other .22 varietals down the road. Already thinking about what I want to get next.

davidlofton
    Participant

Ahhhhhhhhhh….the .22 can. The NFA gateway drug. Go ahead and sell all your personal belongings now cause once the drug takes affect you’re hooked!! LOL

PNWorygun
    Participant

Haha yes, the drug acts quickly. Most of my pistols are 9mm, but not sure if I want to go that route or something in 5.56/.223. I know there are some models that that cover multiple, so I have research to do.

davidlofton
    Participant

While it is definitely cheaper to get one can that works for several calibers this tends to limit the performance of said can due to the idea of “jack of all trades, master of none”.

I recommend saving your pennies and eventually getting a can for each weapon you own because then the silencer can be tailored to each caliber. This usually increases performance and results in much better decibel reduction.

But having said that….if you go with the Griffin Optimus I can say that it really is the closest I have seen to the “master of all” cans. It comes IN THE BOX FROM THE FACTORY with all the goodies included in the sale price that is still under the Silencerco Hybrid and then out performs the Hybrid in almost all situations.

Dave

PNWorygun
    Participant

Awesome, I will definitely take a look. As much as I want to go that route, I’m thinking it will probably be best to try and cover the 9mms next. Regardless of whatever else I get.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Write Reviews, Submit Tracking Data and More!

Subscribe to NFA Tracker, a community dedicated to tracking and reporting NFA transfer times as reported by users.

Join Now