Moved to a new state while waiting on Form 1

Home Forums NFA Tracker Form 1 Questions Moved to a new state while waiting on Form 1

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  KCMO-Kid 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

mk1scott
    Participant

Hey guys, quick question on how I should go about my current situation. I submitted my eForm 1 back on 6/30 but have since moved a state over (Maine to New Hampshire) and am wondering how I should go about notifying the ATF… Am I better off waiting until I hear that I am approved or should I reach out to them now?

I’m less concerned about having to restart the process under the new 41F rules, I just don’t want to have to wait another 9 months to build my toy!

I have a control number of 2016313XXX and am hoping I’m less than a month out for review.

What are you guys thoughts on how to approach this?

Mikhail_Stroganoff
    Mikhail_Stroganoff
    Participant

Just my $.02. If I was in your situation, I would wait for my stamp to come back and then immediately fill out a form 5320.20. However, I wouldn’t assemble my item into its NFA nfa configuration (unless it’s a suppressor or AOW) until I received the approval on the 5320.20 which usually takes 2 weeks or so.

That way the item in question stays in a non nfa config till I’ve got all the paperwork in order.

mk1scott
    Participant

That’s pretty much what I decided to do. I feared that my change in address would negatively impact the stamp mailing… but after more reading, it sounds as though eForm submissions receive the stamp via email.

I’ve waited this long so what’s another 2 weeks for 5320.20…

Thanks bud! Appreciate the feedback.

KCMO-Kid
    Participant

ok for those of you not paying attention, your efiled stamp does not get mailed to you. wait for approval then contact the nfa branch to notify them of the address change. or do it before hand. its not going to effect your approval time. just make sure whatever you are making is legal where you are. if it is, you’re fine. if not, you wont get approved. no need to mail the .20 form, that’s for crossing state lines temporally with an nfa item other than a silencer.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Write Reviews, Submit Tracking Data and More!

Subscribe to NFA Tracker, a community dedicated to tracking and reporting NFA transfer times as reported by users.

Join Now