Modern Rifleman: Gemtech GM-45 Review

Home Forums Manufacturers Gemtech Modern Rifleman: Gemtech GM-45 Review

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Modern Rifleman 1 year, 1 month ago.

• Author

Modern Rifleman

Silencer Shop Authority: Gemtech GM-45 Review

Over the past year or two, the silencer veterans at Gemtech have effectively revamped their entire suppressor lineup. By releasing lighter versions of classic cans and replacing older products with radically new designs, the company has churned out an impressive number of products in recent years. One of these relatively new developments is Gemtech’s G-Core monocore baffles that originally debuted at SHOT Show 2014 and is now featured in the company’s pistol and rimfire suppressors.

Several months ago, I had the opportunity to try the G-Core with the GM-22. I found that can to be extremely light and it likely offered the best tone of any .22 silencer I’ve examined to date. However, it was also fairly difficult to take down for cleaning. Even so, the G-Core intrigued me and I was curious to try other cans in the line. Thanks to my friends at Silencer Shop, today we will examine the GM-22’s much larger brother, Gemtech’s GM-45. READ MORE.

Plus-Minus
    + Short and Light
    + Easier to disassemble than expected
    + Better sound quality than meter numbers indicate
    – Loud compared to top performers

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Write Reviews, Submit Tracking Data and More!

Subscribe to NFA Tracker, a community dedicated to tracking and reporting NFA transfer times as reported by users.

Join Now