Modern Rifleman: Bowers VERS 9S Review

Home Forums Manufacturers Bowers Modern Rifleman: Bowers VERS 9S Review

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Modern Rifleman 1 year, 1 month ago.

• Author

Modern Rifleman

Silencer Shop Authority: Bowers VERS 9S Review

I’ll be the first to admit: for a long time, I thought dedicated subgun silencers were unnecessary. Since many modern pistol suppressors perform so well, they often leave very little room for metered improvement, regardless of the host firearm or ammunition. To me, it just did not seem like taking on additional weight and length to support a silencer that may not be quieter than smaller options was really worth it.

As someone who likes to review firearms and accessories, there’s an ongoing challenge to question my preconceived opinions and beliefs. After all, if I don’t look at every piece of gear fairly and objectively, what sort of value do I really have to share?

A few weeks ago, I had an opportunity to put my opinion of subgun suppressors to the test. The guys over at Silencer Shop recently picked up a Brethren Armament BAP9 MP5 (review to come) and I’ve been itching to try it out. After I managed to secure some time with the roller-locked beauty, the folks down in Austin recommended I try it with Bowers’ subgun-centric VERS 9S. Though I could have sampled a much more glamorous, do-it-all pistol suppressor, I decided to take Silencer Shop’s advice. I’m glad I listened. Read on to see how the VERS 9S changed my opinion of subgun suppression. READ MORE.

Plus-Minus
    + Great sound quality
    + Adaptable to a dizzying variety of firearms
    + Extremely rugged design
    – Heavy and large
    – Not user serviceable

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Write Reviews, Submit Tracking Data and More!

Subscribe to NFA Tracker, a community dedicated to tracking and reporting NFA transfer times as reported by users.

Join Now