Modern Rifleman: Bowers VERS 458 and 50 Review

Home Forums Manufacturers Bowers Modern Rifleman: Bowers VERS 458 and 50 Review

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Modern Rifleman 1 year, 1 month ago.

• Author

Modern Rifleman

Silencer Shop Authority: Bowers VERS 458 and 50 Review

As part of my involvement with Silencer Shop Authority, I try to examine a wide variety of suppressors and aim to present a diverse selection of reviews for potential suppressor buyers. I feel that comparing similar silencers is an excellent way to differentiate between competitors, but I have made it my goal to avoid testing suppressors of the same caliber in consecutive months.

Even so, I was somewhat surprised when my friends at Silencer Shop reached out a few weeks ago about potentially testing some large bore suppressors from Bowers Group. They planned to take the silencers with them to the Texas Firearms Festival, but wanted me to take a look at them before the event. At the time, I was a little unsure about taking on such a responsibility; I had very little (more like zero) experience with big bore AR-15s and was not sure that I would be able to give useful feedback on suppressing larger calibers. Generally speaking, I like to shoot smaller calibers that are more affordable for long days at the range. At the same time, I knew that I have plenty of background with suppressors and by and large, suppressing large bore rounds is conceptually similar to quieting smaller bullets. Though I was stepping into slightly uncharted territory for me, I decided to take them up on the offer and was excited to see what Bowers had in store. READ MORE.

Plus-Minus
    + Effective suppression
    + Work well as massive muzzle brakes
    – Very, very large and heavy

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Write Reviews, Submit Tracking Data and More!

Subscribe to NFA Tracker, a community dedicated to tracking and reporting NFA transfer times as reported by users.

Join Now