Modern Rifleman: AAC Aviator 2 Review

Home Forums Manufacturers AAC Modern Rifleman: AAC Aviator 2 Review

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Modern Rifleman 1 year, 1 month ago.

• Author

Modern Rifleman

Silencer Shop Authority: AAC Aviator 2 Review

Over the past several weeks, I’ve been taking a close look at a variety of .22 caliber suppressors from the folks at Silencer Shop. Though all of these examples have been high-performance silencers, each has represented a different take on rimfire suppression. I’ve seen everything from the classic Omega-style baffles of the Bowers USS to the new and intriguing “pig-nosed” cones that sit inside Surefire’s Ryder 22-S. Today, we will examine yet another take on the .22 caliber can with AAC’s Aviator 2.

One of four .22 suppressors offered by AAC, the Aviator 2 is the most affordable and the newest of the bunch. Despite its relatively low price, the Aviator is still a full length silencer that is built for high-end suppression while also being incredibly light. In fact in many ways, it is simply a lighter, cheaper version of AAC’s incredibly popular Element 2. With these facts in mind, let’s take a look at the company’s most recent .22 caliber offering. READ MORE.

Plus-Minus
    + Phenomenally quiet
    + One of the lightest .22 cans I’ve tested
    + Stainless blast baffle
    +/- Extensive use of aluminum limits cleaning options, but keeps silencer lightweight
    – Baffles are not shielded from outer tube, which could lead to disassembly frustrations

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Write Reviews, Submit Tracking Data and More!

Subscribe to NFA Tracker, a community dedicated to tracking and reporting NFA transfer times as reported by users.

Join Now