Info changed by examiner

Home Forums NFA Toys Full Auto Info changed by examiner

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Fredmisery 7 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Fredmisery
    Participant

My M16A1 was transferred as an “M16A1” when I purchased it as an individual originally. I transferred it to my trust along with several other items and all have been pretty straightforward, but my M16A1 was “approved with the following conditions” and “M16” was written in the box by the examiner. It says “M16A1” on the receiver so not sure why that was written…has anyone else experienced this or something similar? I also had to pick a single caliber on machineguns that have been registered in multiple calibers since they were entered into the registry. I understand their new system allows only a single caliber to be noted, but nobody ever mentioned that when they went to the new system they created a default caliber and any new transfers have to list that particular caliber. I had to call and find out what caliber they picked to determine what needed to be entered to transfer MG’s back to myself in my trust. If you have a Vector SMG or an HK sear you might want to call and find out if your paperwork matches their system info, it might result in a “problem status” otherwise

Hellrazr44
    Participant

My dealer wrote the Model as “M16” and the caliber as “223” even though the lower receiver is stamped “Colt M16A1 CAL. 5.56 MM”. Not the way I would have filled it out, but it was approved… In the “approved with the following conditions” box there is just a little “swoosh” as if to say no conditions.

Fredmisery
    Participant

Everything is correct on this form, but “Model-M16” was written as a condition of approval. It makes no sense, she signed approved with “Model-M16” as a condition for approval. I have 37 stamps in front of me and none of them have anything additional written in this this box, just signatures…The other issue, I had to correct other forms for machineguns registered previously in multiple calibers. Registered in 22,9,45 or 9,223,7.62 on previous form 4’s, but now you have to pick a primary caliber and that will be the one in their records. Obviously you can still play with multi calibers, and I knew they stopped listing multiple calibers on SBR’s, but I didn’t know they were doing the same with MG’s. I was a little surprised to have something go into problem status, never happened to me before…I only posted to see if anyone else had forms returned under either condition for MG’s

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Write Reviews, Submit Tracking Data and More!

Subscribe to NFA Tracker, a community dedicated to tracking and reporting NFA transfer times as reported by users.

Join Now