Have not received stamp after approval 45 days ago

Home Forums NFA Tracker Form 4 Questions Have not received stamp after approval 45 days ago

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  nmnfa 3 months ago.

• Author

Mike
    Participant

My Form 4 (Trust) was approved on July 4th, still has not shown up to my FFL SOT. ATF said it should have been received within 30 days. Anybody have experience with this?

Dnut
    Participant

I’ve heard of this. Its not happened to me. The word on this is, you need to call the BATFE. And get the process started for a replacement stamp. Its happened before, and will happen again.

toonz176
    Participant

Mike,

Do you have an update on this? Did the ATF issue you a certified copy?

I might be in a similar boat. My Form 4 was approved August 12 and has not shown up at my SOT (24 days). I’m curious what the process is like for getting a certified copy from the ATF after 30 days.

Thanks.

Mike
      Participant

Still nothing yet… Was approved july 4th, and my SOT requested a certified copy almost a month ago and still waiting. They said thirty days so I would give it another week.

toonz176
    Participant

Hi Mike. Have you received your certified copy yet? Thanks.

Mike
      Participant

Finally received copy of approved form 4. No stamp on it but it has a signed seal at the bottom of page.Took 3 months to the day from time of approval. 15 months total

Brad
    Participant

I called my FFL today and they said my stamp came in last week. (For some reason they didn’t have my phone number.) This was a Form 4 Individual submitted 7/11/2016 and approved August 13, 2017. The reason I called them today was to ask them to contact the ATF and request a copy of my stamp. My understanding is that after 30 days from approval, your FFL can request a copy via email or fax.

toonz176
    Participant

Similar thing happened to me. I called the ATF to ask about my certified copy two weeks after I requested it. They said it was mailed to days prior. While waiting for it to show up, my original found its way to my to my SOT’s mailbox. A week after that, my certified copy arrived.

Funny thing is, the original stamp was postmarked three days before I got it, which was after I called to ask about my certified copy, and over six weeks after I was approved.

damaged
    Participant

It looks like I’m in the “lost stamp” club.
    Approved 10-14-17
    Copy Requested 11-10-17

Called Yesterday to see if there was any progress, only to be told the person I was talking to was having “computer issues” and to “call back on the 1st”. Plan on calling in the morning. Not sure whether to be mad at the Postal service (for losing it), the ATF (for not mailing either one), my dealer (who is apparently notorious for ignoring people lately), or any combination of all 3.
    I just want my toys. Feeling like a kid stuck in a loop, perpetually waking up on Christmas Eve “one more day… one more day… one more day…”

nmnfa
    Participant

Submitted two Form 4s at the same time, both approved on 12/28/17. One came in on 01/08/18 but not the other. 21 days after approval I’m beginning to think someone made a mistake. I guess I wait until day 31 and seek a copy. This is worse than the 12 month wait.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Write Reviews, Submit Tracking Data and More!

Subscribe to NFA Tracker, a community dedicated to tracking and reporting NFA transfer times as reported by users.

Join Now