Form 4 Trust Not speeding up!!!

Home Forums NFA Tracker Form 4 Questions Form 4 Trust Not speeding up!!!

This topic contains 26 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  dtp 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Dnut
    Participant

Form 4 TRUST (2 persons, old trust, have other cans on it) 11 months tomorrow. Called today, And was told “still pending” asked if it was assigned yet??? Told “No Sir, Sorry” I’ll be visiting Hellan Wait. (Go to hell and wait)

What say you fellow waiters??? At this rate ill have the form 4 Individual i submitted back in April first……SMH…

Note, if your posting a reply. Please make note this is a Form 4 trust thread. But your welcome to bitch also. Just make sure you tell us your form type.

stan462
    Participant

I agree with you, not really seeing any of the Form 4 Trust being approved? I wonder why that is? I have made 7 purchases this year all on a Form 4 Trust, no I wished I should have just made them on the individual. I had 2 cans I purchased Jan 5, 2017, the dealer did not submit the form 4 until May when I caught it. I guess all we can do is wait.

Mike
    Participant

just called on my 10/19/16, still pending… 2 person trust

Mulisha518
    Participant

Submitted- Jan 13th 2017
    Check Cashed- Jan 23rd 2017

I have no clue/idea when mine is going to be approved LOL looks like its called “HURRY UP AND WAIT”

dtp
    Participant

Form 4 trust 2 people. Check cashed 12/14/2016…. Gonna be a while. Have another Form 4 2 person trust check cashed 8/22/2017 hopefully that one will get here before 2020…

Have to admit I had no idea the 41f thing was going on at the time thinking it would be a 3 or 4 month wait. Lesson learned.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by  dtp.
    • This reply was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by  dtp.

Adam
    Participant

F4 2 person trust. Cashed 9-13-16. Still not assigned. Lady on phone said I should expect it to be assigned by October…. with stamp received by End of first week November!

Mike
    Participant

Thats pretty crazy, and hopefully incorrect…

Adam
      Participant

Yeah not happy…

Mike
    Participant

def more painful seeing how fast individuals are being approved, some serious process improvement plans are needed

Shaun
    Participant

Does anyone know what the turn around time typically is after you are assigned to an investigator?

Dnut
    Participant

Shaun:Typically its 30 days or less from my previous experience. But nothing seem standard anymore. So who knows.

Dnut
    Participant

12-13 months seem to be the standard now on F4 trusts. Why is beyond me. …

tchaser1977
    Participant

I called today on my six stamps, four Form 4s and two Form 1s, all Trust paper submissions between Oct 16 – June 17, all still pending. I spoke to Melissa, who confirmed that Individual forms seem to be processing faster than Trust forms, but had no explanation when I asked if she knew why. She said they were working on August forms for Trusts currently.

Dnut
    Participant

So just studying the chart. As im watching the individual F-4 days dropping like the temperature here. (Yea, the calendar hits September and the temp was 47°this morning) That was RUDE. Anyway, i might very well have the April (19th 2017 pending) can b4 the Oct.trusts. All I’ll say is this. When all these are done and in hand. Im taking a break from this NFA headache for a while.

Chris
    Chris
    Participant

My form 4 2 person trust went pending on 11/8/2016, it’ll be 10 months on the 8th. Still pending. 😬😬

Eaglearcher20
    Participant

They can’t possibly be doing these in order. There MUST be two separate groups, 1 working on Trusts and 1 working on Individuals.

It is making me seriously consider going Individual on my DD Wave I will be sending in this week or next.

Individuals are seeing early 2017 approvals while trusts are sitting in August and September

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by  Eaglearcher20.

willagaroon
    Participant

My dealer mailed a Form 1 Trust (SBR) and a Form 4 Trust (Can) on April 3rd 2017. One of the four people on the trust just got a call today asking for their place of birth on one of those two forms and said that an examiner has the form (again not sure if it’s the Form 1 or 4) and said they were preparing the “FBI background check”.

Haven’t called to check, but based on others, it sounds like everything is completely mixed up as far as order goes.

Mike
    Participant

Some transparency into the process would be nice…maybe someone high up could take 3 hours and straighten things out. BUT NOPE

dtp
    Participant

Makes you wonder if we’re morons putting ourselves through this for a metal cylinder. I’m glad suppressors are not like other technology or everyone would be getting obsolete cans.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by  dtp.

Mike
      Participant

Mgs

Dnut
    Participant

So today i called WV looking for the correct info on a RPQ. And since Steve was so helpful and talking to him was like talking to my local bartender/barber. I asked what was the major hold up with trusts now that the 41F should be all washed threw. And got a hard chuckle. Seems the amount of “F up” forms and trusts not complete is un godly. And can quote this.

FYI, they are still working threw July and August. And was told. “That if the examining agent has form 4’s with problems. That those open cases are still counted as there work load”.

Aint that just fucking dandy…
    Now we see why these trust F4’s will take 12-14 months.

dtp
    Participant

So today i called WV looking for the correct info on a RPQ. And since Steve was so helpful and talking to him was like talking to my local bartender/barber. I asked what was the major hold up with trusts now that the 41F should be all washed threw. And got a hard chuckle. Seems the amount of “F up” forms and trusts not complete is un godly. And can quote this.

FYI, they are still working threw July and August. And was told. “That if the examining agent has form 4’s with problems. That those open cases are still counted as there work load”.

Aint that just fucking dandy…
    Now we see why these trust F4’s will take 12-14 months.

Seriously? That’s absurd. They should refund the $200 tax stamp at minimum to compensate for the mess 41f created with its panic. I bet half the suppressor sales would not have taken place had people known the wait would be north of a year, at least for trusts where people endured another $100 likely in insult to injury as well as notorizing.

Well crap, I was hoping October for my check cashed in mid Dec. Looks like March’ish now.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by  dtp.

stan462
    Participant

I probably would not be so upset if I did not have to fork out all the money up front. Here I am, ordered 7 cans about 10K out of pocket and need to wait over a year to see them. That is all wrong.

Eaglearcher20
    Participant

The F’ed up submissions don’t surprise me at all. The industry used scare tactics to spike sales in front of 41f. People rushed to beat 41f and all it did was bring approvals to a snails pace due to volumes and mistakes. It has backfired on the industry since it is now suffering, and it has backfired on consumers since we now have record wait times.

Sad part is, individuals will be hitting the 90 days or less turn around shortly while people with trusts will still be looking at 10+ months for a long time.

dtp
    Participant

I suppose if a person is fed up enough, can they request a refund on their stamp and possibly suppressor? Maybe depends on where you buy from. As in perhaps it’s faster for some people that recently went the trust way to back out and reapply as individual.

duqjeep2010
    Participant

I was told that it will be 3-4 months before my submission is acted upon. That is from my letter on congressional letter head. If Congress could only read through the DOJ’s BS because they quote Form 4 times as 9 months but they are telling me that I have 3-4 months wait when I have been waiting 10 months already that puts me at 13-14 months. They also said that there are 184,243 applications a head of me.

dtp
    Participant

People can create new people faster than getting a NFA item. :p /troll

At least Silencer Shop is doing something about it with the barcode scanning method that will remove one step where forms can get messed up, manual entry. I’m impatient, but it’s hurting business for these companies when the word spreads on just how long it takes.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by  dtp.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Write Reviews, Submit Tracking Data and More!

Subscribe to NFA Tracker, a community dedicated to tracking and reporting NFA transfer times as reported by users.

Join Now