Form 4 trust and card charged

Home Forums NFA Tracker Form 4 Questions Form 4 trust and card charged

This topic contains 11 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  patience 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
    Chris
    Chris
    Participant

My card was charged on 11/06/2016 for my form 4 tax stamp. Does that mean they’re processing my form 4 already? first NFA purchase so any help appreciated.

Hellrazr44
    Participant

I wouldn’t say they’re “processing” it, but yes it’s in their system now. It is in the queue in the order in which it was received. They will begin actually “processing” it once it gets to the top of the pile.

The summary of the process is:
    you mail/efile the application -> ATF receives it -> ATF processes payment -> ATF adds it to their “stack” -> ATF continues processing forms submitted prior to yours -> you wait patiently for a couple months excited for your purchase -> after a few more months you start growing impatient but know you must keep waiting because no matter how much you call them or check nfatracker.com or silencershop.com for wait times, it will not make it any faster -> at some point your form gets to the top and they actually “process” it -> you reach the point I’m at where you’re past what those websites said you should expect to wait, and now you’re checking your email constantly or calling your FFL asking “is it in yet” -> you finally receive the call from your FFL (or receive email for efiled forms) that it has been approved and you pick it up when your local FFL has it ready.

I had a few form 4’s submitted in June, so I’m hoping my wait ends around Jan-Feb 2017 (assuming the wait times don’t increase from what they are now, but understanding they could).

Good luck!

Chris
      Chris
      Participant

Thanks alot for breaking it down for me!

NFA Tracker
    NFA Tracker
    Keymaster

No it just means that they have taken payment.

TrooperBrian
    Participant

How are you guys submitting payment by credit card? Last I knew it was only to send a paper check?

Chris
      Chris
      Participant

No there’s a place on the form 4 where you can pay with a credit card.

NFA Tracker
        NFA Tracker
        Keymaster

Make sure that you have the new form 4. They were updated several months ago.

Sadams12
    Participant

They cashed my check June 6. I feel like im listening to ‘Home on the Range’. That and crickets chirping.

“Where the seldom is heard a discouraging word
    And the skies are not cloudy all day”.

If i worked that hard, i would get fired.

dgdamore
      Participant

Yeah, I’m only a few days behind you so let us know when you get some action. Not sure the Transfer tracker is being updated regularly because not much happening for those of us who filed after April.

Gunfighter9
    Participant

Called yesterday, 2 form 4, trust. Card charged 5/13, still pending. The lady informed me I’m looking at January. So I’m guessing min is getting close to the top of the stack.

mccantsj
    Participant

Kind of: once they cash the check it’s waiting in line to be processed, and when you call to check the status they will say it’s pending.
    Most recent transfer: Form 4 trust transfer of suppressor, paper filed. Check cashed April 27, form approved Dec 18th (A SUNDAY?!?!). You should be hearing back soon.

patience
    Participant

Word of warning: If your card isn’t charged within a few weeks of your submission, call and check the status. My Form 4 trust application was received on April 13. I patiently (stupidly – it turns out) just waited to hear from them. My card was never charged. Never heard anything from my dealer. I finally called ATF-NFA this week and was told my application was returned on April 29 “without action”. They wouldn’t give me a reason. I’m guessing some kind of hang up with my card – though the CC company usually calls me if there is a concern. I checked with my dealer. They didn’t have the application and have no record of it being returned. (I trust them more than the ATF or the USPS). So… I had to resubmit. 8 months lost, and I had to use the new process with fingerprints and what not. Don’t let it happen to you.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Write Reviews, Submit Tracking Data and More!

Subscribe to NFA Tracker, a community dedicated to tracking and reporting NFA transfer times as reported by users.

Join Now