Form 4 Submitted with Tax Stamp

Home Forums NFA Tracker Form 4 Questions Form 4 Submitted with Tax Stamp

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Rhd04 3 months ago.

• Author

Jim
    Participant

On the scatter graph I saw a form 4 trust approved that was submitted in Dec 16 and it got me remembering. As a part of the new 41F procedures if you had a form 4 approval in the last 2 years, you were supposed to be able to submit the Tax Stamp with the new form 4 and it was supposed to speed things up some how?

I think the idea is supposed to be similar to say buying a gun and showing your CCW license and not having to do a NICS check (for those of you that live in states where NICS checks are a part of the CCW application process…)

Anyway, has anyone tried this yet? How has it worked? I’m looking to get a SilencerCo Omega 9K, but I am waiting for my current stamp to finish processing I can submit it as a part of my package for my next can. Is it worth the wait?

Dnut
    Participant

Good question? I recall hearing about this. But don’t recall all the details. Anyone have any of the details of this procedure??

coagula13
    Participant

I am not seeing anything about that… but I did not read the fine print…

https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regulations/final-rule-41f-background-checks-responsible-persons-effective-july-13

Dnut
    Participant

Yea, its somewhere. Im going to call me SOT and see what i can find.

coagula13
    Participant

Please let us know what you find out.

Jim
    Participant

Found this in the link posted by coagula13:

Q. If an application was approved within the preceding 24 months, are fingerprint cards and photographs required to be submitted with a new application?

A. Yes. The 24-month exemption for providing supporting “documentation” refers only to the documentation proving the existence of an entity, such as trusts or corporate paperwork. The Form 5320.23 with attached photograph and fingerprint cards are required for each person identified as a responsible person for each submission in order to initiate the required background check. See instruction 2 d. (4) and (5) on the Forms 1, 4, and 5.

Well, sorry people. No short cuts discovered today, apparently. If anyone else finds something different, please post.

chorizo
    Participant

That Dec approval has been sitting out there for a while now. I believe it is a erroneous date entry.

Dnut
    Participant

So i spoke to 3 different SOT dealers. There was something mentioned early on about using a control #. And that if that info.had not changed in the previous 2 yrs. Then that was supposed to be a short cut. But nothing has been done with that yet as of this post. According to 2 dealers. The 3rd, couldn’t recall any of the details. So we hurry up and wait.

Dnut
    Participant

That Dec approval has been sitting out there for a while now. I believe it is a erroneous date entry.

Or just wishful hope…

Rhd04
    Participant

I agree with you. Erroneous…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Write Reviews, Submit Tracking Data and More!

Subscribe to NFA Tracker, a community dedicated to tracking and reporting NFA transfer times as reported by users.

Join Now