Form 4 Individual Forms slowing to a stop?

Home Forums NFA Tracker Form 4 Questions Form 4 Individual Forms slowing to a stop?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Steve 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Jake
    Participant

So this is my first go around for an NFA purchase so I apologize if this is an unnecessary question, but I assume there is quite a bit of process knowledge in this forum. It seemed that Form 4 individuals were trending to the 4-5 month mark just last month and since mid November I have only seen a few approvals roll through various forums I’ve been following.

I’ve read in a few places people are attributing this to the reallocation of resources to work trust filings. I’m still curious for those of you well versed in NFA submissions – do things generally get this stagnant in December around the Holiday? Is it probable that it’s the reallocation of examiners to trusts? Or is it just the enigma that is the Federal Government?

JeffroJ
    Participant

I sent in two Individual form 4s, two days apart, back in May. The first was approved back on October 19 (141 days to approval), the second is still pending now at 182 days. I guess the first one squeaked by before the shuffling of examiners.

Jake
      Participant

It’s crazy how all over the place the approvals seem to be.

KeithS
    Participant

I’ve been wondering what the hold up has been as well. My dealer put my first ever form 4 on March 1st with the check cashed like the 7th. I called 2 weeks ago and was told they were waiting on the background check. My dealer put my second one in at the beginning of June and when I called I was told they were waiting on the background check for that one as well. I’m at the 300 day mark on the first as this is written. I’m getting a little frustrated since I see approvals from June and even a bit later showing up and I don’t have mine from March.

coagula13
    Participant

I called yesterday and the one I submitted on 7/22 (cashed on 7/26) was approved yesterday on 12/26. By my counting I am sitting at 159 from check cashed date… it is still slow.. but at least it was approved before year end… now to just get it in hand.

Steve
    Participant

Having seen so many late july approvals last part of December and no August in the end of Dec begin of Jan is annoying. Im just impatiently waiting for my 9/17/17 cc.

Wonder how many examiners are still just focused on Trust, they seem to have picked up greatly.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Write Reviews, Submit Tracking Data and More!

Subscribe to NFA Tracker, a community dedicated to tracking and reporting NFA transfer times as reported by users.

Join Now