Form 4 FFL Expiered

Home Forums NFA Tracker Form 4 Questions Form 4 FFL Expiered

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Daniel 2 months ago.

• Author

Daniel
    Participant

Please help my sot let his FFL expire by accident and is in the current process to renew it I head there is a 45 day grace period please help according to the site I’m expected to get my form back soon. is there any thing I can do? Will the affect my form at all?
    Thanks, any help is appreciated.

Dnut
    Participant

Ugggg, that sucks. Well here is what i have been told about some thing like this happening. That form 4 HAS to go threw that SOT dealer. Or if he transfers (form 3’s) it to another SOT. If they decide not to continue with a SOT or are denied a further license. Now, the grace period on his application??? Thats a good question, probably one that need to be asked to the BATFE in a phone call. The other question is how close are you? Or how close do you think you are to getting approved? Or have you already been approved? Because 45 days in todays world of the BATFE/NFA can go by fast with no action being taken. The other question is, how long before your SOT thats holding your can gets his license renewal?

Daniel
      Participant

Some clarification the SOT is still good the FFL has expired and the ATF has cashed the renewal check as of Aug 4 my form 4 is still pending, do you think this will delay anything?

Daniel
    Participant

The ATF cashed his check for a renewal of his license my check was cashed on Feb 28, 2017, so I think I have around one to one and a half months until it’s approved. Would his SOT being in the process of getting renewed affect my approval?

Dnut
    Participant

Don’t think his renewal process is going to effect you.(It’s just going to be a timing thing), I think your probably correct about another 60-90 days for your approval. Have you spoken to your dealer about your concerns? His renewal “shouldn’t” take as long as his first. But its the BATFE, there is no guarantee about anything. Can i ask how all this came up?? Did he bring this to your attention? ?

Daniel
      Participant

Thanks for the help, he told me about this issue when it happened. Do you know how long it typically takes to renew?, I won’t have to resubmit my paperwork will I? I heard that it might get rejected and be delayed. I filed a form 4 as an individual and it has been in process as of Feb 28, 2017. I have spoken to him about it and he has called the ATF multiple times, at this point, I don’t know if I will be doing any further business with this FFl.

vertigosol85
    Participant

This situation actually happened to me with 3 pending forms4 last year. Ironically the ATF will still transfer a form 4 out of the dealers possession even if his SOT has expired or lost (stupid I know). One of the cans made it to me that way after the license was expired. 2 of the other cans were “expedited” by a local ATF agent from the dealers inventory. You may want to contact your FFL/SOT and see if he is in contact with the ATF directly.

Daniel
      Participant

How did you get the items expedited? his sot is still good but his FFL expired and the paper work is in process as of Aug 4 when they cashed his check do they expedite expired ffls?

Dnut
    Participant

To answer your question about how long does it take to renew?? Man, thats the 10,000 follar question. They say the key to this problem is not to let it expire. And i think you can only submit a renewal 90 days before it expires. But dont hold me to that. Good luck, keep us posted.

Daniel
      Participant

Update: My FFL got his application to renew passed through and is getting his renewal inspection this week, and my form is still pending as of now.

Daniel
    Participant

Update form got approved no problem with a pending date of 2-28-2017 just got approved on 9-14-2017 form 4 individual

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Write Reviews, Submit Tracking Data and More!

Subscribe to NFA Tracker, a community dedicated to tracking and reporting NFA transfer times as reported by users.

Join Now