Form 1 Individual

Home Forums NFA Tracker Form 1 Questions Form 1 Individual

This topic contains 71 replies, has 36 voices, and was last updated by  Andrew 2 days, 3 hours ago.

• Author

N8ballnv
    Participant

I didn’t know where else to put this since there is no Form 1 Individual page, unless I missed it. Anyway, just wanted to say that I filed a F1 Individual for SBR the first week of July 2016, my check was cashed on July 9th. I spoke to ATF today and she said mine is pending, so it looks like they are into July now. Hopefully it won’t be too much longer, but I am not holding my breath!

toonz176
    Participant

My Form 1 (SBR) went pending May 3rd…still waiting.

As I understand it, “pending” just means they’ve cashed your check and you’re in the system. You’ve still got a while before they actually review and approve your form.

N8ballnv
    Participant

Like I said, I’m not holding my breath! I was just looking at the paper-filed Form 1 Individual graph and hoping it wouldn’t be much longer.

bbbrownbommer
    Participant

My form 1 was sent out the first of april 2016 and still waiting. Frustrated….

bbbrownbommer
      Participant

Finally recieved my stamp yesterday Dec 5. 8 months and 1 day

zcrow
    Participant

I mailed my form 1 (SBR) early Sep, they still haven’t even cashed the check…

Liam Mchale
    Participant

Form 1 Individual mailed December 12th 2016 with Hoover Tactical in Bham, AL. From the looks of it, and if all goes well, might be seeing mine finalized around July 2017.

Will post updates as I find out more.

The Clock
    Participant

Sent my form1 trust dec2,2016. Recieved
    Dec 6,2016
    We in same boat. late june at best to
    Early September.

toonz176
    Participant

How long between when you received the stamp and when it was approved?

Oops. Meant this for bbbrownbomber.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by  toonz176.

bbbrownbommer
    Participant

It was approved nov 30 and recieved Dec 5…

bgneiman
    Participant

Check cashed 5/6/16. Stamp received 1/9/17.

zcrow
    Participant

bgneiman, when did you mail yours? I mailed mine out in Sep and they still haven’t cashed the check

bgneiman
    Participant

May 1st, cashed May 6th. I had a buddy whose check was cashed exactly one month before mine but his stamped arrive almost 4 months before mine did. The backlog is unreal. I talked to an agent just before Christmas who told me they are working 7 days a week including weekends and holidays. She sounded beat. I am not going to put in for any more stamps and instead am going to hope for the HPA to pass legislation. Contact your Congressmen and spread the word to your friends to do the same. Let’s get this clearly logical legislation passed.

BigBird2004
    Participant

Mailed mine 8/9/2016, Just spoke to ATF the lady stated they have not loaded any forms from August in the data base yet. They expect to in the next few weeks.

N8ballnv
    Participant

I am always seeing you guys putting your control numbers on here, and it seems they were always from E-File forms. Mine was mailed in, so I didn’t know if I had a control number or not. So first I called to get my number and it was only 9 numbers, so I thought maybe I misheard or she misread, but I really didn’t think much about it. I always thought the control numbers were 10 digits. After a while the 9 numbers started to bother me, so I sent an e-mail and got my control number, again it was 9 numbers. It is 2017171**. Does everybody on here have 10 digit numbers, or is it just me? Maybe I just haven’t been paying close enough attention, I don’t know.

xray2040
    Participant

Hi N8ballnv,

The numbers start with the year and are sequential after that, resetting each year. So your number, 2017171** is the 17,1** submission of 2017. There were a lot of 10 digit numbers (i.e., hundreds of thousands of submissions) last year because so many people were trying to avoid 41F (the rules requiring photos/fingerprints that killed e-filing).

N8ballnv
      Participant

Even though my application has been pending since July of 2016, I have a 2017 number?

xray2040
    Participant

When was your check cashed? Having a control number that begins with ‘2017’, I’m guessing that they are using a government fiscal year calendar (government fiscal year runs October 1st to Sep. 30th of each year) for numbering and didn’t get to your submission till October 2016 (that’d be a terrible sign). Hell, I don’t know- maybe some clerk at ATF screwed up and misread the paperwork or the application was misplaced in the mounds of submissions and entered late.

Prior to the 41F deadline of July 13th, 2016 in addition to the hundreds of thousands of e-filed Form 1’s, the ATF got cargo pallets of paper Form 1’s, 3’s and 4’s.

Trump could reverse 41F (it’s only an executive order, not a law) or better yet devolve ATF’s work issuing Form 1’s & 4’s to FFLs since the sellers already do background checks and file transfer paperwork for NFA items.

N8ballnv
      Participant

My check was cashed around July 11th, 2016. Somewhere right around there.

N8ballnv
    Participant

Just got a return email from ATF and he said it was received in July, but wasn’t posted to the database until October because of the backlog in data entry.

xray2040
    Participant

So ATF wasn’t able to log that submission till October, but the silver lining should be that it will clear shortly after they clear the 41F backlog.

Head4ZHills
    Participant

I’m too dumb to breathe. There I was, wondering when they were gonna run my card for my Form 1, as I had sent it in 2 weeks ago. Then, in the mail yesterday, there was my Form 1 jammed in an envelope by the ATF. Fingerprint cards and all, folded up with a letter attached. I FORGOT TO SIGN THE DAMN CARD AUTHORIZATION.

6 – 10 months, plus 2 weeks waiting time for dolts.

Bob
    Participant

Sent on June 24th along with a form 4.
    Both cashed the 29th.
    Form 4 approved 2/22/17 and Stamp arrived at the gun shop 3/1/17.
    Form 1 approved 2/15/17 still not here yet…

Why would I receive a stamp approved a week after the other before the earlier approval?

Hauser
    Participant

Form 1 Individual (paper)
    Sent 7/8/16
    Received 7/13/16
    Card Charged/Pending 7/15/16
    Form approved…..still waiting
    Stamp received….still waiting

The receptionist told me over the phone that were currently working on Forms received in the beginning of June 2016. Maybe another month?

I’ll update when the form is approved and stamp is received.

Hauser
      Participant

Ok, I just got a correction notice mailed to me (received 3/13/17) informing me of 2 errors on the Form 1.

Error #1: Section 4d, I had input “Scorpion Evo s1”, the ATF wants it corrected to “CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1”

Error #2: Law Enforcement Certification, my County Sheriff forgot to write in the agency he works for.

I corrected both errors by pen, initialing and dating of course, and plan to send the Form 1’s back tomorrow via USPS Priority Mail.Hopefully I don’t lose my place in line or the damn things get lost in the mail………………….

Hauser
        Participant

Still waiting………I called the NFA at (304) 616-4500 and they informed me it was still pending. They received my form back with the corrections. Now status is back to “pending”.

I do not understand what takes so long for this process. How come someone can go and buy a Hi-Point over the counter and be in and out within 20 minutes with the most widely used criminal handgun? But it takes 8-10 months for an NFA item to be approved…..

I have had 2 other NFA transfers and not a damn thing has changed since then. I still live in the same place and have the same face and fingerprints.

Sorry fellas, just venting out of frustration.

N8ballnv
          Participant

I hear you Hauser, I’m in the same exact boat. I sent my Form 1 in on July 6th, 2016. Check cashed a few days later. I got it back to make corrections to it on March 6th, dropped back in the mail on the 8th. I called last Friday just to make sure it didn’t get lost in the mail, since you only have 30 days to make corrections and send it back, I didn’t want to get denied for something so stupid as it being misplaced by a postal worker, or it falling down a crack somewhere. They told me it was pending, so they should have received it, because when it gets kicked back to you for corrections or whatever, your status changes from pending to “on hold” or “under review” or something like that. I understand your frustration, though. It will 9 months of waiting in about a week from now, if I don’t get it before then. I’m definitely not holding my breath. I don’t know if in the future I’ll be filing for any more stamps, it’s kind of ridiculous.

zcrow
    Participant

how is your card charged already? I sent my in Sep and they haven’t cashed the check yet, when I called they haven’t even opened the envelope yet by the sound of it?

I’m beginning to think mine may be lost in the mail?

Hauser
    Participant

Maybe there was an error on your application? My brother had just submitted an individual form 1 and his credit card info was incorrect (he was missing 4 numbers from his CC#). It took about 3-4 weeks before he received his application back in the mail with the corrections needed indicated.

zcrow
    Participant

So I just called, it’s in the system, estimating June (Form 1, indv SBR). Submitted 9/7, Check cashed 9/16. Just went back to check my bank…I didn’t see the check process on my bank account, it appeared like a credit/debit transaction.. odd.. but who cares at least it’s going..

N8ballnv
    Participant

I mailed in my Form 1 Individual for SBR the first week of July 2016, and I just got it back last week because there was an error on it. Where the CLEO fills in the part that states he is the CLEO in the vicinity of the firearm maker,(me) he wrote my address instead of my name. It is my fault for not catching it, but at least I know now. I corrected it by writing in my name and initialing and dating it since that is what the letter included told me to do. So I called BATFE to make sure it was corrected properly and asked her if my application goes back to the bottom of the pile. She laughed and assured me it doesn’t, and said I should recieve my stamp or a denial in 2 to 4 weeks. I hope she is right, I’ve already been waiting 8 months!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Write Reviews, Submit Tracking Data and More!

Subscribe to NFA Tracker, a community dedicated to tracking and reporting NFA transfer times as reported by users.

Join Now