Clean up data table request

Home Forums NFA Tracker NFA Tracker Questions Clean up data table request

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  chorizo 1 month ago.

• Author

geclevel
    Participant

SS,
    Please go into the data table and remove the old data, or move to another table. Anything older than late 2015 data is useless and slows down the excel file.
    Also,
    Please amend your date fields to exclude the time stamp. This creates havoc when data mining people, like myself, try to use the data to create graphs and statistical analyses.

Please consider this to help out us data driven people.

geclevel
    Participant

No response? Come on SS and at least post a response. Give me access to the table and I will clean the date up to make it more user friendly.

Conqueror
    Participant

They don’t care about the site any more, or the data integrity. For example, I saw an entry today with Forms Sent Jan 2017, Check Cashed May 2016, Approved November 2016, Stamp Received November 2017 (ie a month into the future from today). Why does the site allow such garbage data entry? The Stamp Received should be required to be after the Approved, which should be required to be after the Check Cashed, etc. Garbage In, Garbage Out.

chorizo
    Participant

They don’t care about the site any more, or the data integrity. For example, I saw an entry today with Forms Sent Jan 2017, Check Cashed May 2016, Approved November 2016, Stamp Received November 2017 (ie a month into the future from today). Why does the site allow such garbage data entry? The Stamp Received should be required to be after the Approved, which should be required to be after the Check Cashed, etc. Garbage In, Garbage Out.

I agree. The only value is the scatter graph and that is for trends. Individual data points are suspect.

Conqueror
    Participant

But even the regression will be suspect if enough data points are wrong. And the value of this site used to be the built-in regression and prediction tools. Now it’s just a database and you’re on your own to make sense of it.

chorizo
    Participant

But even the regression will be suspect if enough data points are wrong. And the value of this site used to be the built-in regression and prediction tools. Now it’s just a database and you’re on your own to make sense of it.

True, but you can still look at the scatter graph and discard those that deviate too much. Lots of errors in the original site too, commonly individual entered as trust or vice versa. People are especially confused now with one time trusts…..calling them individual trusts and entering them wrongly. You can even see it in the threads where people are posting in the wrong threads as individual trusts……The value of this site greatly diminished when it became a social posting site vice a data gathering site. Many people simply posted “one of” in the threads and ignored the data base.

But there is still some value in the Scatter Graph. Garbage in, garbage out, true….but I can also spot a turd in a pile of rocks and know not to pick it up.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  chorizo.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Write Reviews, Submit Tracking Data and More!

Subscribe to NFA Tracker, a community dedicated to tracking and reporting NFA transfer times as reported by users.

Join Now