Check Cashed Date and Approval Date?

Home Forums NFA Tracker Form 4 Questions Check Cashed Date and Approval Date?

This topic contains 622 replies, has 244 voices, and was last updated by  TruBluFan 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

dgdamore
    Participant

I used a credit card and sent 3 paper forms in (Suppressors) on June. 17 and a SBR paper form on July 8. All Trust. The three suppressors forms were all processed by my credit card company on June 24, (charge posted to my account of $200 each) and the SBR processed on July 15. All 4, exactly 7 days from the date I mailed the forms.

My 1st question is, when paying by credit card, is the date the transaction is processed by the CC company the same type of confirmation as the “Check Cashed” date when paying by check?

My 2nd question is How do I know if it has been approved? Will I receive notification at my mailing address? Will I need to contact the dealer where I purchased the suppressors, or do I need to call the ATF? Or is there some other means of determining approval?

Thanks

Fulliautomatix
    Fulliautomatix
    Participant

On your first question, yes, I’d treat your credit card payment the same as “check cashed”. Basically its a “Payment officially received by the ATF” date, but that is too long to type 😀

2nd question, approved Form 4s are sent back to you dealer. When they receive them, they should call you to you let you know that your NFA device is ready to come home. On paper Form 1s, the ATF sends it back to the address of your trust/applicant. If it was an E-file, then you get an email notification with an attachment you can print out.

dgdamore
    Participant

Great. Thanks. Makes perfect sense. So, as a follow up question, when I click on the transfer tracker graph, under Paper form 4, Trust, Under “Approval” it states “4 mos., 17 days” What does that mean exactly? Does that mean, on average that is how long approval has been taking for this type of form?

Fulliautomatix
    Fulliautomatix
    Participant

Not sure, that bar chart is something totally new/foreign to me. Even user “NFA Tracker” said it didn’t turn out the way they intended and it is going to be scrapped/revamped.

Average Form 4s are taking 7-8 months right now.

Brian in Portland
      Participant

I do not agree with the statement that form 4’s are taking 7-8 months. That may have been true some time ago, but it is not true now. I’m at 10 months and counting.

dgdamore
    Participant

Ok thanks.

Smurky
    Participant

The tracking bars are confusing/incorrect. I bought a Saker 7.62 in Feb check cashed 3/16/16 was approved 10/16/16, dealer received stamp/approval on 10/29. So 7 months for approval and another couple of weeks (at least) to receive the approval. I’ve heard receipt of the approved can get delayed. I’m sure the approval time is going to increase until the submissions made up to 7/12 are complete.

NFA Tracker
      NFA Tracker
      Keymaster

The tracking bar is getting revamped. It should make sense soon.

djunkins
    djunkins
    Participant

I’d be curious to know if others here have been caught up in the 41F maelstrom with respect to checks being cashed. I submitted two Trust Form 4s via my Class 3 dealer on July 6th, using Priority Mail. Atlanta received them on July 8th. I’ve been told twice during phone calls that they haven’t processed July 8th’s receipts, most recently two weeks ago. I was told at that time to call back “in a couple weeks”. I’ll be calling Monday. They did tell me to watch for ACH transactions rather than a cleared check, but that’s how it’s been anyway.
    Misery doesn’t necessarily like company, but I’d like to know if my situation is now the norm.

Soltrust
    Participant

I sent in two suppressor forms late June, and both were cashed in less than 10 days, one was cashed July 9th, so I think your is lost, or something, unless yours is sitting under the truck load the silencer shop sent in. Hope you hear something soon, I expect this to get worse

Flagflyfish
    Participant

I had one that I purchased from SS, the form 4 was submitted on the 9th of July and the check cashed on the 20th of July. I would call them again..

dgdamore
    Participant

My SBR Form 1 was sent in July 8 and credit card was processed on July 15, so yes, I’d be concerned if I sent in on July 6th and not cashed yet.

djunkins
    djunkins
    Participant

Thing is, the ATF rep told me on two occasions that they hadn’t yet processed stamp fees for my submission date. So either someone at ATF is blowing smoke or there is a major disconnect here. I wouldn’t think, dgdamore, that the check cashing process for a Form 1 would be appreciably different than a Form 4. It’s possible, but not probable. Flagflyfish’s and Soltrust’s experiences make me doubly worried. I do plan to call tomorrow, Nov 7th. I do not want to resubmit, especially under the 41F rules. Thanks for the feedback, folks

djunkins
    djunkins
    Participant

OK, folks, here’s a weird one. Called the ATF today about my July Form 4 submission. After being told on two separate occasions in the past that ATF hadn’t processed my submission date yet due to backlog, I’m told today that the stamp fee was collected and my processing date is July 11th!! However, the fees never cleared my bank. I check my account online religiously, and I believe I would know if $400 for two stamps was ever charged to my account. I told this to the person on the other end, and she insisted the system showed that the fees were received and my Form 4s were in process. She verified the serial numbers and other info on the forms. In fact, she said I should receive approvals around March, in keeping with their new 8-month estimate. Nothing more for me to do but wait, I suppose. Something is still screwed up, but I don’t know what I can do about it. Any ideas out there?

NFA Tracker
      NFA Tracker
      Keymaster

That is odd. Unless there was a payment from someone else that got applied to yours.

djunkins
        djunkins
        Participant

IN which case one of us – or both – are going to be disappointed

Fulliautomatix
    Fulliautomatix
    Participant

How was your payment made? With a personal check? I’d contact your bank and verify if those checks every came back to them/you.

djunkins
    djunkins
    Participant

Personal check, but ATF advised me that they often perform ACH debits even if checks are submitted, using the account and routing numbers on the checks. At any rate, I check my accounts every day, and my account has never been debited via ACH, nor has a check been presented.

dgdamore
    Participant

Maybe you’ll get lucky and get them for free! In Obama’s America bigger screw ups happen every day!

djunkins
      djunkins
      Participant

You got that right! I wouldn’t mind having that $6,000,000,000 Hillary “lost”…

huggytree
    Participant

checked cashed 4-4-16
    approval 11-5-16

Form 4 trust

waiting for the stamp to come now…..so exactly 7 months!!!

it appears the wait time is going down a week or 2

sc63sallad
      Participant

Hallelujah! I’ve finally seen an actual April approval.

shadow
        Participant

It’s a flyer, though. Cashed April 16, 112 days, means they got it August 6. Sounds like the ATF is into April now, though.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by  shadow.

johnny whiskers
    Participant

Called this morning, 11/10, still pending on a 3/29 Form 4. The ATF rep was actually surprised, said her understanding was all of March had been processed. Assured me there were no notations of a problem. Not sure what to think.

sc63sallad
      Participant

There’s definitely a disconnect between the examiners and the people who answer the phones. I’ve heard of Fed. information “fusion” centers. Seems like it’s the CONfusion center over there sometimes.

Tack
    Participant

Just wanted to share that my form 4 (trust) was approved November 8th and my check was chased on April 4th. So a little more than 7 months.

TrooperBrian
    Participant

That means my stamp will show up about 2 days after I leave for a 7 month trip!

gernest2
    Participant

Just called NFA branch to listen to the recording no longer say approximately 8 months now it just says 8 months ?

Iclimbaz
    Participant

You think they will give me a medical marijuana card for NFA induced anxiety??

TrooperBrian
    Participant

The worst part about that is I have a stamp that’s approved, but won’t arrive for 2 weeks. I’m leaving tomorrow for a 7 month trip. It’s like the wait all over again!

Bullrider95nm
    Participant

Form 4 trust check cashed 4/8/16
    Just called and approved 11/13/16.
    I asked and they have people working 7 days a week to try and push through the endless stack

Tack
    Participant

My stamp arrived today. Check was cashed April 4th, approved Election Day (irony), and stamp showed up today.

Dan
    Participant

Check cashed 4/5/16 on paper trust F4
    Pending 4/6

Nothing yet…..

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Write Reviews, Submit Tracking Data and More!

Subscribe to NFA Tracker, a community dedicated to tracking and reporting NFA transfer times as reported by users.

Join Now