ATF expedited forms

Home Forums NFA Tracker Form 4 Questions ATF expedited forms

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TrooperBrian 10 months ago.

• Author

bansel
    Participant

obviously new to the forum. my purchase date was may 1st. atf states that my forms were submitted/check cashed june 28th. an unforseen move to another state(suppressor friendly) in mid january has me in a bind. the lady with atf stated that i could email the atf and ask for my forms to be expedited. she stated that it was unlikely going to be approved and i would have to resubmit my forms.

has anyone have useful info on this topic or previous experience??

thanks

Fulliautomatix
    Fulliautomatix
    Participant

What was unlikely to be approved? The Form 4 or the request for expediting?
    I assume that she meant getting it expediting unless there was bad info on your Form 4.

Disclaimer: Never had to do it before, but in theory it shouldn’t be a big deal, just more paperwork & waiting.

Was this an individual Form 4, or a Trust Form 4. If it is a trust, is anyone else on the trust able to pick it up in your absence? If an individual Form 4, will you be able to come back in the area of your dealer after your move in January? If so, I’d just let it ride as-is until it is approved*. Once it is approved, fill out a Form 20**, which notifies the ATF of a change in address. Once that gets approved (probably another month or so) go pick it up from your dealer.

*Let your dealer what’s going on, and that he’ll be sitting on it until you get back to pick it up.
    **https://www.atf.gov/resource-center/docs/atf-f-5320-20pdf-0/download

Just my untested opinion.

bansel
    Participant

Thank you for your input. It is a trust….however the other party is not completely aware of what was purchased. So that person picking it up is not a good option. I Am going to ride it out….the question of how quickly I needed to switch my current drivers license to the new state and picking up my products in my state is/was the issue since I’m due to be approved/picked up roughly mid January and mid February. Since Im considered government employed, I didn’t know how stringent my employer would be with the DL transfer to new state. They have since told me it only needs to be valid.

Now I’m just upset it took 2 months for the seller to send in my paperwork.

TrooperBrian
    Participant

It depends on your former state’s definition of “resident”. In my example, their definition meant you still held real property or significant family interest in the state. By maintaining a house and family in another state, I hold dual residency. Unfortunately that means when I file a stamp, it sits for 6 months or so until I make the swap back. My approved can is sitting there, and I can’t even go get it until July!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Write Reviews, Submit Tracking Data and More!

Subscribe to NFA Tracker, a community dedicated to tracking and reporting NFA transfer times as reported by users.

Join Now