ATF called me today

Home Forums NFA Tracker Form 4 Questions ATF called me today

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Dave 1 week, 3 days ago.

• Author

Caleb
    Participant

the ATF called me today and wanted to double check some info of mine on my form 4 trust. D.O.B., Birthplace, height, weight, eye color,hair color, and SS#. I gave her the info and she said they would begin my background check now. Anyone ever received a call like this? Am I possibly getting close to be approved? I’m only at 214 days, check cashed 2/24/17.

kevbangkok
    Participant

I can’t say I have, but I’m damn happy to hear someone is looking at a trust dated Feb ’17 because mine is Mar ’17!!!!!
    Hopefully we’re getting close, but I’m trying not to get too excited.

Caleb
      Participant

Definitely not getting my hopes up either. But, I’d imagine the background check is the final step before approval? We shall see. I read on Reddit that someone else had this happen a month ago and they’re still pending.

kevbangkok
        Participant

could also be they finally figured out there were buttloads of errors in the new submissions and they have someone on the phone calling to verify all the information before it hits the actual examiner, kinda like a “pre-exam” step to get the logjam broken. But who knows, you could get it tomorrow or it could be a year…..we’re all just hoping these days.

BMP
    BMP
    Participant

I got a call on my Individual form 4 finger print cards. Needed my social security # added. That was about 4 weeks ago. My check cash date was 3/7/17 and was approved on 9/23/17.

Brad

Caleb
      Participant

Wow that’s pretty quick turn-around. Kind of wishing I would have filed individual instead of trust. Either way, hopefully it’s a good sign for me!

willagaroon
    Participant

ATF called on a Form 4 Trust and a Form 1 Trust (two days apart) to confirm place of birth for two of the 5 trustees for background check purposes.

Forms mailed same day, April 3rd. Call happened on September 5th and haven’t heard anything since then. Not getting my hopes up as I can clearly see the delays in trusts of either type and mine would be way early compared to basically everyone’s if they were approved any time soon.

Ryan
    Participant

I received a call about 2 weeks ago for my 6/17/17 submission. I was missing some info on the fingerprint card and she took the info over the phone. I asked her about it and she said they are pre examining all the forms now to find the issues before the examiner gets them. I jokingly asked if this means ill be approved soon and she just laughed and said no.

Caleb
    Participant

I wish I knew the steps the ATF takes when they receive the submissions. I’d like to know if the background check is done closer to the beginning or the end of the process.

FranksHungry
      Participant

Given the long wait times, I would assume BG checks are done at the end in case someone becomes a restricted person after the application goes pending.

Dave
    Participant

ATF called early September saying my birthplace was left off a print card. Corrected it over the phone and said it would be headed to the FBI for the background check? For reference I submitted two Form 4s 7/15/17 and my checks were cashed 7/26.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Write Reviews, Submit Tracking Data and More!

Subscribe to NFA Tracker, a community dedicated to tracking and reporting NFA transfer times as reported by users.

Join Now