Approved to stamp received large dealer vs. small

Home Forums NFA Tracker Form 4 Questions Approved to stamp received large dealer vs. small

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  chorizo 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

sc63sallad
    Participant

I’ve seen a lot of people getting their stamps in roughly a week, but I also have friends that have taken quite a bit longer to get them. My theory is that the NFA branch sends out individual stamps more quickly to smaller dealers and that perhaps they wait until they have a certain amount to send out with large dealers like silencer shop. Don’t think they could do this with smaller dealers that handle small amounts of stamps since they’d probably go over the 30 day window where you can request a certified copy. Probably over analyzing but what do you guys think??

va65guy
    Participant

That could be possible. I have read a few post were people got their stamps to their dealer in 5-8 days after approval and some lived as far as Montana from the NFA branch. Mine has been 8 days so far to a small NFA item dealer and they are only 4.5 hours away from the NFA branch and Ive not heard a thing . Im hoping to hear today tho , unless the government is taking a 5 day.

sc63sallad
    Participant

They typically take 4 days for holidays, though I can’t speak with personal experience regarding NFA branch specifically…

tf2addict
    Participant

But the approvals don’t go back to Silencer Shop, they go to the local dealer that is holding your item. So I don’t see how it would matter.

sc63sallad
      Participant

I was talking about buying directly from a large dealer like Silencer Shop or Capitol Armory vs. a smaller dealer. Meaning buying from a large dealer and picking the stamp/item up from them or buying directly from a small dealer and picking up the stamp. The point was if NFA branch waits to send out forms in batches whereas with a small dealer they can’t due to the low volume of stamps and just send them out as they approve them. So in the case I’m wondering about, yes the approvals do go back to silencer shop.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by  sc63sallad. Reason: Articulated further

chorizo
    Participant

once the form 3 has been submitted and approved, the item “belongs” to the dealer it was formed to. The form 4 is NOT batch mailed. The form 4 is sent individually to the dealer with the item.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Write Reviews, Submit Tracking Data and More!

Subscribe to NFA Tracker, a community dedicated to tracking and reporting NFA transfer times as reported by users.

Join Now