Approved form question

Home Forums NFA Tracker Form 1 Questions Approved form question

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Brandon Schultz 2 days, 3 hours ago.

• Author

Brandon Schultz
    Participant

My first Form 1 came in the mail the other day stating it was approved on august 26th. My question is I just received the Form 1 but there wasn’t a stamp attached. Did something get messed up or does the form come back approved and the stamp comes a few days later?

Thanks for the help!

Doug Hartley
    Participant

Surprised no on answered this. The stamp must be affixed to the Form 1 by the person that approved it. The stamp will have the serial number of the item and initials of the approver. I would call the NFA branch immediately and tell them about the error. They will probably ask you to sent the form 1 back, make a copy of it first, you technically have an approved Form 1 even if the stamp is not there.

Doug

Brandon Schultz
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. By the time you responded I had already called and gotten the issue fixed.

What they did was have me send the form back but I was told to retain a copy since it was approved and I was fine.Turn around was about a 7 days for the form to travel back and forth.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Write Reviews, Submit Tracking Data and More!

Subscribe to NFA Tracker, a community dedicated to tracking and reporting NFA transfer times as reported by users.

Join Now