:(

Home Forums General Welcome :(

This topic contains 18 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by NFA Tracker NFA Tracker 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Kawgomoo
    Participant

This new format is a massive fail.

Modern Rifleman

Kawgomoo: What would you most like to see changed? The site is undergoing daily updates and rather than call it a massive fail, I know the devs are open to suggestions.

Keep in mind that the old spreadsheet-style table from the original NFA Tracker is set to return once the data migration and cleanup completes.

Flagflyfish
    Participant

I wouldn’t say it’s a massive fail, but it is different….. the form 4 trust tracking is off compared to what the ATF is telling us on the phone. If approvals are coming in like you say they are, life is good, but I suspect that the info is skewed ( not on purpose) but because it is a user generated graph. I’ll withhold judgment until all of the information is migrated.?

Roy
    Participant

The bar graphs are completely confusing. They don’t make since. You say data is being transferred and updated daily. My question is why would you go live on a site that people can’t use? The spreadsheet format gave a better understanding and used specific dates. This bar graph looks completely random.

NFA Tracker
      NFA Tracker
      Keymaster

These are issues that we are addressing. We are working on it this week.

TJ
    Participant

Then I would ask you all what does this site do that none other can? Its supposed to provide users information to predict/graph expected approval times for NFA items. Is the user information sometimes flawed… yes. But the more input is given the better all of us can predict how long our items will take to be approved. That is what the primary purpose most of us used the old site was.

Now you have included news, reviews and some op ed opinions that we all can find online anyways and isn’t really as helpful as it was before. The FFL locator is flawed just like any other online because people stop doing it and some start up a new business. That isn’t your fault at all and I’m sure some like the news and reviews here rather than the actual site or a business site they can just go to.

So my point; I get it, your importing everyone’s information to bring back the real chart that was great to begin with. I think everyone’s point is you had it right to begin with why mess it up? Make this the site that again had something only you had, actual data to predict approvals. Without that I don’t think this site is really worth peoples time. Good luck.

chorizo
    Participant

Keep after it. I am sure you will fix this soon enough. Way to many “Well if I was doing it” comments included by people who want to be spoon fed.

I applaud your effort to make the site better and your hard work getting sponsors. None of that is easy.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by  chorizo.
    • This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by  chorizo.

Roy
    Participant

@chorizo how bout not worrying about what other people say and give advice on what needs to be fixed. But then again what should we expect for someone named after a sausage.

Roy
    Participant

Mr Sausage, You’re just the type clown that shouldn’t be able to get a tax stamp. Good luck to you buddy. Hope your anger and vocabulary get better.

Modern Rifleman

Guys, I suggest you take a moment to read the forum rules. They’re stickied at the top of this subforum. Specifically rule #2. Personal insults won’t be tolerated and this is the only warning I’ll give.

TrooperBrian
    Participant

Well, that escalated quickly.

Fast351
    Participant

A couple of suggestions (hope that’s OK):

1) The bar graph would make complete sense if you pinned the RIGHT side of the graph to todays date instead of the left side to some seemingly random date. This way you can see what is getting approved today (by what day it was submitted). This is kind of the way I used the old site. Look at the stamps getting approved, and what day the check was cashed. IE: “Today they are approving stuff submitted on Apr 28th. My Form 1 from May 3rd should be getting approved in the next 5 days or so”

2) The scatter graph dots are way too big. Maybe it looks good on mobile (not sure) but on a desktop browser you cannot see any real detail. Reducing the size by 50% would look much better.

Glad to see the DB fixed. My items were all screwed up the first day the new site went online, but now they’re correctly listed.

NFA Tracker
      NFA Tracker
      Keymaster

Thanks for the suggestions. I agree on the scatter graph. Also we are going to extend the date range on that as well.

For the Bar Graph that is getting redone completely. It didn’t turn out as expected.

HSR47
        HSR47
        Participant

For the scatter graph, it would also be nice if you scaled it off in 10-15 day increments instead of 45 day increments in addition to reducing the size of the dots relative to the graph itself. The 30 day increments of the old site’s graph were useful given the relative scale of all the relevant components, but a finer scale would make it easier to spot slow/minor trends, especially with the way the current graph looks.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by HSR47 HSR47.
          NFA Tracker
          NFA Tracker
          Keymaster

The scatter graph is going back to 30 day increments and will get x and y axis labels. It measures for check cash to approval.

shhhquiet
    Participant

For the scatter graph, what are we looking at? Days from check cashed to approved? to stamp received?

Please add labels.

Thanks much for the work you do. This site is a great help for monitoring transfer times.

aforslund
    Participant

I liked the table where I could see what others submitted and then switch the columns to see when their stamp arrived. It was nice because you could see everything all at once.

You could filter by state, or stamp approved, stamp arrived, etc…

Please bring that back.

jevilla
    Participant

I completely agree with the OP. Bring the original table back please!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Write Reviews, Submit Tracking Data and More!

Subscribe to NFA Tracker, a community dedicated to tracking and reporting NFA transfer times as reported by users.

Join Now