Reply To: Response to a Congressional Inquiry

Home Forums NFA Tracker Form 4 Questions Response to a Congressional Inquiry Reply To: Response to a Congressional Inquiry

sneaky98gt
Participant

I don’t know. Like I said, I can’t exactly explain it with numerical data because there isn’t any good numerical data available.

But I don’t see how anyone can’t agree that it doesn’t exactly pass the sniff test. Even on a broad scope, as another poster mentioned, SS was said to have accounted for a large percentage of all the Form 4s submitted, and we KNOW that they submitted 10,000. Does it really make sense that the largest suppressor shop in the country (by FAR) submitted no more than 5%-7% of the total pre-41F rush Form 4s? That sounds a little fishy to me.

Maybe I’m lucky, but my 2 Form 4s that were mailed on the last possible day have both been approved. On top of that, the Form 1s that I e-filed just 4 days before the deadline were approved nearly 2 weeks ago. Again, could be total luck that all 4 of my forms wound up on the top of the pile, and there’s still tens of thousands left to go. I think the more likely situation is that my stuff got approved right about when it should have, and since all my stuff was submitted right at the end before 41F, there’s only a small handful left to go. The fact that not one, but two, of the largest dealers in my area have received back >90% of the applications submitted in the couple of weeks leading up to 41F strongly reinforces that thought.

I very well may eat crow when it’s all said and done, but the numbers provided by the ATF in the OP still don’t sound exactly right to me when compared to the ACTUAL data that I’m getting from real world people.

Write Reviews, Submit Tracking Data and More!

Subscribe to NFA Tracker, a community dedicated to tracking and reporting NFA transfer times as reported by users.

Join Now